Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

General discussions
Posts about job ads, news about competitions, events, learning resources, research, etc.

Fill orientation for roof in sections inverted at change of direction

luke-asplan
Newcomer

Hello Graphisoft Commuity,

This may be an easy fix, but i seem to be having an issue with fill orientations within a sloped roof.
I have drawn a 4 hipped composite roof using 'Roof>geometry method > multi-plane. The composite has 2 layers with insulation involved so we have given these each their own custom fills, the roof rafters fill has 150mm insulation with 50mm airgap, the insulated plasterboard similar, custom fill which is part plasterboard and part insulation. trying this option so the skin list label labels sizes correctly.

The issue im have is when the roof changes direction the fill is mirroring within the material,

Is there a way to amend this within settings i am missing somewhere? on the left part and the middle part of the roof the fills are correct but the right part its mirrored the fill?

I have attached screen shots, which may show the issue clearer.

Any help would be great, thank you.

Screenshot 2024-09-10 115210.pngScreenshot 2024-09-10 120012.pngScreenshot 2024-09-10 120130.png
1 REPLY 1
Barry Kelly

I have never noticed the fills inverting, but I am wondering if it because your insulation fill seems to have a gap ant the bottom of the unit.

If you need the gap in your composite I would add an extra 'air gap' skin.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11