Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
General discussions
Posts about job ads, news about competitions, events, learning resources, research, etc.
SOLVED!

Hotlink label is not linking to window elevation

Loutro
Contributor

Hello, when placing a hotlink label on a window in elevation, the link is not working, the label just says "<Hotlink ID><ID>".  For some reason it appears that the label is not sensing the window object--after clicking on the label tool, usually I hover the cursor over the object and it highlights in green to show the connection is being made, but that is not happening anymore.  Is there a setting somewhere that I am missing?

Screenshot 2024-05-15 at 10.13.40 AM.png

Thanks in advance,

- L

Archicad 24

Cadimage

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Solution
Loutro
Contributor

I couldn't find the associative button in the settings (command + T), but today I do see it at the top of the screen.  However, it is only selectable after I click on the label tool to create new.  If I select a label that I've already placed, that associative option at top of screen is greyed out and can't be selected.  In any case it is working now as long as I place a new label.  Thanks,

Loutro

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly

Is the label geometry method set to "associative'?

BarryKelly_0-1715824188187.png

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Solution
Loutro
Contributor

I couldn't find the associative button in the settings (command + T), but today I do see it at the top of the screen.  However, it is only selectable after I click on the label tool to create new.  If I select a label that I've already placed, that associative option at top of screen is greyed out and can't be selected.  In any case it is working now as long as I place a new label.  Thanks,

Loutro

To associate an existing label to an element, select the label then CTRL click the element you want to associate to.

I assume that is the command key on Mac?

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11