Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
General discussions
Posts about job ads, news about competitions, events, learning resources, research, etc.
SOLVED!

Hotlink label is not linking to window elevation

Loutro
Contributor

Hello, when placing a hotlink label on a window in elevation, the link is not working, the label just says "<Hotlink ID><ID>".  For some reason it appears that the label is not sensing the window object--after clicking on the label tool, usually I hover the cursor over the object and it highlights in green to show the connection is being made, but that is not happening anymore.  Is there a setting somewhere that I am missing?

Screenshot 2024-05-15 at 10.13.40 AM.png

Thanks in advance,

- L

Archicad 24

Cadimage

Mac OS 14.6.1
Archicad 24 & 26
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Solution
Loutro
Contributor

I couldn't find the associative button in the settings (command + T), but today I do see it at the top of the screen.  However, it is only selectable after I click on the label tool to create new.  If I select a label that I've already placed, that associative option at top of screen is greyed out and can't be selected.  In any case it is working now as long as I place a new label.  Thanks,

Loutro

Mac OS 14.6.1
Archicad 24 & 26

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly

Is the label geometry method set to "associative'?

BarryKelly_0-1715824188187.png

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Solution
Loutro
Contributor

I couldn't find the associative button in the settings (command + T), but today I do see it at the top of the screen.  However, it is only selectable after I click on the label tool to create new.  If I select a label that I've already placed, that associative option at top of screen is greyed out and can't be selected.  In any case it is working now as long as I place a new label.  Thanks,

Loutro

Mac OS 14.6.1
Archicad 24 & 26

To associate an existing label to an element, select the label then CTRL click the element you want to associate to.

I assume that is the command key on Mac?

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11