cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Pln file refusing to open

qumhh
Newcomer

Hi, I have been having a problem opening a 742mb file on AC27. Every time it starts loading then the warning message “Archicad detected a read/write error and will be closed.”

I checked the file details and it definitely is an AC27 file.

It’s a file I copied onto my MacBook from my company’s server. My MacBook perpetually has space issues (I’ve deleted nearly enough all my personal files to try and get this to work) but still have just 539mb of space available.

If anyone can think of a solution that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Eduardo Rolon

Not enough information but it looks like the file didn't completely copy to your laptop or that you still do not have enough space available for it to run. AC needs space to create a backup and a temp file so that would mean you need 2x742 available, add cache files and extra and minimum HD space should be 10Gb just to run one AC session.

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Karl Ottenstein

... and MacOS needs at least a couple of GB free space just to run properly.   539 MB free space doesn't cut it.

Consider something like DaisyDisk to graphically see everything (including hidden stuff that you might not think of) that is consuming space on your MacBook.

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB