Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
General discussions
Posts about job ads, news about competitions, events, learning resources, research, etc.

Workflow to do punchlist in archicad or BIMx

Jim Walls
Contributor

I am interested in anyones trial and workflows in using their model or Bimx to execute punchlists in the field. 

Mac Pro 2019 3.5 GHz Intel Xeon, 48GB
MacBook 16" Pro M3 Max, 48GB
7 REPLIES 7
Jim Walls
Contributor

OOPS!

The title of this topic was meant to be "Workflow to do punchlist in archicad or bimX". I hate spell correction sometimes!

You can edit your own posts (the 3 dots to the top right of the message).

I have fixed your original post.

I have no idea what a 'punchlist' is though.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Thanks Barry. I tried the 3 dots, but they were not allowing me to edit. May had been a browser thing.

”punchlist” or “punch list”:

A punch list is a construction administration task where the architect/engineers or even general contractors walk through the project at near completion and note items that need correction before handling the building over to the client. There is a typical template used by architects for the task. It would be nice to be able to walk the facility with an iPad and comment in BIMx, make comments and attach photos to the model. Or others might be publishing the latest as-built layouts archicad to bluebeam and using bluebeam for the iPad. Really would like to see a survey of how people are accomplishing this these days. For the last 10 years I have used an app on my iPad and iPhone called punch list.

@Barry Kelly wrote:

I have no idea what a 'punchlist' is though.

In the US, a punchlist is a list of items noted during final walkthrough that must be fixed or completed so that final payment to the contractor can be made. This is usually done with the architect, contractor and owner so there is agreement on the items that need to be on the list. A punchlist could also be made earlier in the construction of the project to meet a project milestone.

David 

David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Barry Kelly

Thanks for the punchlist explanation.

It is not a term I was familiar with.

BIMx Pro does have a issue creation feature.

I have never used it.

Does that seem to be what you need?

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/BIMx/Issue-Creation-in-BIMx/ta-p/394799

I am pretty sure the same can be done in Archicad with teamwork, again I have never used it.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Barry,

the article appears to be more developed compared to a conversation I had with one of the GRAPHISOFT support staff a couple years ago. The only way to see is test it. We are a development company with architects in one wing and construction guys in another wing. Of course only we use ArchiCAD, but I’ve been trying to get the younger guys in  the construction wing to use BIMx with their iPads. They’re pretty open minded. This might be Something that we can get to work if they are able to integrate that system with their construction administrative software. However as I think about it, right now I think I need to give them an output that’s in PDF so they can integrate it into their software. 

mthd
Ace

I guess you can issue a certificate of practical completion after the punch list has been attended to.

AC8.1 - AC27 ARM AUS + CI Tools
Apple Mac Studio M1 Max Chip 10C CPU
24C GPU 7.8TF 32GB RAM OS Ventura