cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Xref won`t attach. Error message: An xref with name ... already exists. Choose another file!

Giampaolo
Participant

I have a dwg that I have attached some time ago to the archicad model file, and subsequently detached it, as I did not need it anymore. Of course now I need it again, and when I try to attach it, Archicad will not allow me. It says that the file name already exists. But when I check in the xref manager, the drawing is not there. It seems like that Archicad remembers the file that I have attached..

Is there a way to have Archicad forgetting the names of the xref files that have been detached?

1 REPLY 1
MinhNguyen
Expert

Hey, it seems to be a bug a few years ago, but now when I tried with newer builds of Archicad it no longer happens. You may want to check whether you had the latest build installed?

BIM Manager
DKO Architecture - HCMC