Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Warning to Others: Collaborate Subscribers can't use Teamwork with SSA Subscribers

Russell-Myhill
Newcomer
I am hoping my recent discovery with Graphisoft Support is mistaken, but according to them Archicad Collaborate Subscribers cannot currently join a BIMCloud server managed by an Archicad SSA firm with a BIMCloud SaaS license. Their proposed solution is for me to purchase an additional Cloud License for the other firm to use. To make matters worse, I also can't seem to be able to invite any external members to our own BIMCloud server. 

I think anyone considering the switch to the Collaborate Bundle ought to know about this issue-- I see this as a particularly grievous error if Graphisoft is trying to convert SSA subscribers to Cloud Licensing. If you collaborate with other firms then doing so, for the moment, appears to be more expensive than it initially seems. (So it's somewhat ironic to call it the "Collaborate" bundle!)

Ultimately, the cloud license is not recognized as a license when joining standalone BIMCloud SaaS servers (You'll get a message stating you don't have a license). There is not currently a workaround other than to give graphisoft more money.

This is the error message that I get when joining anyone else's BIMCloud domain: 
Screenshot 2024-10-17 at 7.11.05 PM.png

And this is the official answer I received from Graphisoft: 

"Hi [redacted], the issue you mentioned is a known behaviour of the cloud license.
See this link: https://help.graphisoft.com/BCSAAS/INT/_BIMcloud_SaaS_/10_BIMcloud_SaaS/10_BIMcloud_SaaS-12.htm#XREF... at this point:

Bring Your Own License [OP's Note: This suggestion does not seem applicable since this is the configuration that doesn't work]
Assign this status to make sure that this user cannot use a license from your BIMcloud. They can work here only if they “bring their own license”: a GSID license assigned to them from another BIMcloud. This way, you don’t use up a license for users who already have one from a different tenant.

Note: If a user was named “BIMcloud administrator” as part of the Graphisoft Store subscription process, the “Bring Your Own License” option is not available. Such a user gets a floating license.

Probably in the next future this option should be available, but I don't know at the moment when it could be.
To ensure any other your collaborator can access to your Bimcloud tenant, you could buy a new BIMcloud license and then invite the external user to became a member of your company (Graphisoft ID).  
See here: https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Licensing/Getting-started-with-Graphisoft-cloud-licensing/ta-p/3... 

PS: remember the new member have to create a new Graphisoft ID with a different email never used before on a Graphisoft portal. The Graphisoft ID must be new so you can invite to your company.

Operating system used: Mac Apple Silicon

0 REPLIES 0

Setup info provided by author