Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.

Does AI Visualizer for AC28 work on Mac Intel perpetual license via the Add-On or how?

Eduardo Bell
Enthusiast

Hi all, just installed AC28 on an Intel Mac Pro laptop and when I tried running the AI visualizer I got the message shown in the screen shot attached. I was reading that it was possible to run it via an Add-on installation using an external server. Can someone be so kind to please explain in plain English if this is possible for a perpetual licence holder and point me to the right installation sequence. Thank you.

Screenshot 2024-10-07 at 5.05.31 PM.png

USA v4.55 to v28-b3001 OS Sonoma v 14.6.1
MacBookPro 8-Core Intel i9 16GB ram
AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 4GB vram
Perpetual License Subscriber
3 REPLIES 3
Karl Ottenstein

No, it is not possible with a perpetual license.  This is the first feature that Graphisoft has added that is only available to people who are on a Collaborate subscription, or apparently an EDU license.  This is a cloud based solution, so available on Windows or Mac, and GS has indicated additional cloud based solutions (available only to subscribers) will continue to come out in the future…none of which will be available to those of us on perpetual licenses.

PS Graphisoft could certainly make that error pop up more clear by specifying what licenses are valid for that functionality.  Yours is the second thread on this issue.

One of the forum moderators
AC 28 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

Thank you Karl. So I now wonder why was I charged for the full upgrade...USD 1,142 for keynotes and a few other trifles? Geez so much for v4.55 to v28 loyalty. Super disappointed customer.

USA v4.55 to v28-b3001 OS Sonoma v 14.6.1
MacBookPro 8-Core Intel i9 16GB ram
AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 4GB vram
Perpetual License Subscriber
Niranarch
Contributor

When I give AI Visuliser a render job it is asking me for a 'valid license for archicad' which i has!

Screenshot 2024-10-08 at 8.41.48 AM.png

 Whats wrong with? is there any setting i have do?

Thank you

Edit:

The post merged to thread with same subject.

Operating system used: Mac Apple Silicon macOS Sequoia