Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Graphisoft Technology Preview Program 2024

BIMmTool for Archicad 28 Collaborate or SSA + Forward & Technology Preview

Illes Papp
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Dear Technology Preview Members,

We’re pleased to announce a new collaboration with BIMm Solutions GmbH. Following the release of Archicad 28, users with an SSA + Forward or an Archicad Collaborate Subscription will be able to access BIMmTool Lite, a comprehensive Point Cloud Handling Feature Set, as part of their subscription.

Key features include:

• New point cloud import
  • Support for various point cloud formats
  • Scalable resolution with preset options
  • Ability to import large unstructured point clouds, including preview and story splitting function
  • Point cloud switching functionality
  • Distance-dependent resolution
  • BIMmNavigator
  • IVION point clouds

These features enhance productivity, streamline project management, and facilitate seamless collaboration across teams.

Additionally, as Technology Preview users, you can test even more advanced features with the BIMmTool Pro version. BIMm Tool Pro includes model-to-point cloud comparison as well as the Scan 2 BIM function, which transforms drawn details into BIM elements. The Pro Feature Set is available with the Technology Preview until October 25. After the official release of Archicad 28, it will be available for separate purchase directly from BIMm Solutions GmbH.

During the Technology Preview, the BIMmTool Pro version will be available in English, German, French, Italian, Japanese, and Polish. After the release of Archicad 28, both the BIMmTool Lite and Pro versions will be available in all Archicad-supported languages.

We invite you to download and test the add-on, available through the following link:

Graphisoft Technology Preview Program 2024 - Graphisoft Community

For further details and guidance, refer to the online BIMmTool add-on Knowledge Base:

https://kb.bimm-solutions.com/books/bimmtool-operation-manual

Please download the add-on and share feedback! Should you have any questions or require further information, please do not hesitate to comment or post in this thread.

Illés Papp
GRAPHISOFT Senior Product Manager
25 REPLIES 25

Hi @Illes Papp,

Why Duplicating the same topic title & content? why we’ve to read this topic 2 times? One through the Insights & one here.

You could refer to the other post otherwise you could add some changes from your side so the reader can find this topic is clearer and more comprehensive than the other.😊

I wish you the best & thank you so much.👏

AC 27 INT 5060/WIN 11
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB
Sefa Yakut
Booster

Hello,

There is no "Acquire License" button as in the licensing guide on Windows.

SefaYakut_0-1725526821435.png

Hi @Sefa Yakut here is the steps to activate your Tech Preview license for BIMmTool.

https://KB.bimm-solutions.com/books/bimmtool-operation-manual/chapter/20-license

I' so glad it's here now, been waiting for this to test as we do a lot of Scan2BIM work for clients.

Regards
Francois Swanepoel
Everything happens in Archicad since v6.5 (2000) ‌
Hiking, Motorbiking, Good food, Gr8! Beer & excellent conversation 😉
#MadeByDyslexia is my unfair advantage – expect curious ideas, creative big thinking & small typos.
<> www.fusionBIM.co.za <> www.Scirrus.co <> www.BIM2fusedVR.com <> (new) Anatomy of Archicad Course

@Mahmoud Qenawi the one post is in the dedicated Features area (no comments) for members to easily find the features.

This post here is in the Forum where we can leave our feedback & discussions via comments.

I hope this makes sense.

Regards
Francois Swanepoel
#MadeByDyslexia is my unfair advantage – expect curious ideas, creative big thinking & small typos.
<> www.fusionBIM.co.za <> www.Scirrus.co <> www.BIM2fusedVR.com <> (new) Anatomy of Archicad Course
Botonis
Advisor

So, just to clarify. There will be two versions Lite and Pro.

Lite will be free for all licensed users while the pro will have a payment (not yet announced...)

The differences between Lite and Pro will be:

1.model-to-point cloud comparison

2.Scan 2 BIM function, which transforms drawn details into BIM elements.

Will the point Cloud quality and rest of the functions remain the same between the two versions????

Botonis Botonakis
Civil Engineer, Enviromental Design MSc., BIM Manager for BS ArhitectsVR
Company or personal website
Archicad 27. Windows 11. Intel Xeon 2699x2,64 GB RAM, Nvidia 3080Ti. 2 Monitors.

Thanks @Francois_MCD, I appreciate your reply.

AC 27 INT 5060/WIN 11
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB
StefanV_BCP
Advocate

Hi,

Being that I am quite fresh in point cloud workflows, is there a possibility of having some basic tutorials, best practices, or something similar? 

Cheers,
Stefan

Stefan Veselinović
BIM Manager for Bureau Cube Partners, Serbia
WISH HUB: https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Wishes/WISH-hub/td-p/393063

@StefanV_BCP the best at I know of at the moment in English is this BIMmTool 26 is here! - Public Video presentation

I also recommend to do these courses on Graphisoft Learn:

Regards
Francois Swanepoel

@Francois_MCD ,
I worked in Archicad natively with cloud points.
But I was wondering if there are maybe more resources for the addon itself, being that I didn't use it before. 
But the more I play around with the addon I think I am starting to grasp of it 🙂
Btw, thank you for the public video presentation, I will check it out :).

Cheers

Stefan Veselinović
BIM Manager for Bureau Cube Partners, Serbia
WISH HUB: https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Wishes/WISH-hub/td-p/393063

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!