2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Graphisoft Technology Preview Program 2024

Brand new Home Screen

Zoltan Vale
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

We have introduced a brand new Home Screen which is available when starting Archicad but can also be accessed at any time while working inside the application. The aim of this feature is to provide users a go-to place where they can access useful information like: recent projects, courses, sample files, news and version and update information.

Related article: https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Graphisoft-Technology-Preview/New-Home-screen/ta-p/606534

The majority of the Home Screen content is provided through a cloud-based databased so content can be updated regardless of the Archicad release cycle. Be sure to play around and check out the new interface and let us know of any issues or suggestions you might discover. Also let us know if you particularly like something in the feature.

Let's get the discussion going.

Zoltán Válé
GRAPHISOFT Product Manager
5 REPLIES 5
Pato99
Enthusiast

Hi I like the new built-in home screen,

Personally the initial home screen is unusable for me and my team. Opening directly into ArchiCAD will force previously opened plans that are de-synced to the cloud to be automatically downloaded from the cloud again that's sometimes gigs of data. 

Since ArchiCAD 26 we've completely avoided directly opening ArchiCAD for this reason and always go through the folder structure. 

My main concern for having a home screen was that every time we opened a job even directly the home tab would force download the files. I'm happy to see this does not happen yet, so whatever is going on with the management of metadata on the new built in home tab please replicate this on the first intro screen. 

(Below, opening ArchiCAD directly, forces download of old cloud files before intro screen works)

Pato99_0-1720661564213.png

Versions 10 to forced subscription
Metabox Prime-X P775DM2-G (Clevo),
GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5 VRAM - G-Sync,
i7-6700K (8M Cache up to 4.2 GHz),
32GB DDR4 2133MHZ,
512GB SATA 3 M.2 SSD,
Win 11 64
Pato99
Enthusiast

I'd like a feature added to the home screen. Please allow pinning of certain jobs or master templates. That would be a massive draw card.

32GB DDR4 2133MHZ,
512GB SATA 3 M.2 SSD,
Win 11 64
Pato99
Enthusiast

If you open more than one .pla file from the recent tab with 'read elements directly' selected, it'll still ask you how you want to open the libraries on every subsequent project. 

Pato99_1-1720663801965.png

32GB DDR4 2133MHZ,
512GB SATA 3 M.2 SSD,
Win 11 64

Hi @Pato99 ,

Thank you so much for the valuable feedback. 
I will look into the details on why the downloads are forced when starting up and get back to you with some more information.
As for the pinning of projects on the recent/home tab, we have this request on our backlog, but most probably it is a feature for an update.
Also, for the settings to work on all selected projects, I have added a bug to our database and we aim to fix this as soon as possible.

Have a great day and thank you again for letting us know about these,
Zoltán V.

Zoltán Válé
GRAPHISOFT Product Manager
Franz und Sue ZT
Contributor

It would be good that when you are in the home Screen:

• You get acces to the Local saved data without having to try to open a project, then cancel it ot get access to those options. This should also be possible to any important management option (administrators allways have to do this each time).
    • It would be good to have the upper menu-Bar in the same state as it's when you close a project but Archicad is still open.

FranzundSueZT_0-1721313069461.png

• When you click in "New", "Open" or "Teamwork" you get the same System-Response as it happens with "Current" & "Home" ... the System is not sendig you out of the Home screen.
    • The system should open the "NEW", " Open" or "Teamwork" dialogs within the Home screen ... if you decide you selected the wrong option you will still be in the home screen.

Thank You!

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!