Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Graphisoft Technology Preview Program 2024

Expressions, Labels and Graphic Override Rules

Franz Sdoutz
Booster

While testing expression dependend Graphic Override Rules the following has come up:

1. Some basic expressions (minimal sunlight ..)

FranzSdoutz_0-1723447055597.png

They all work (for spaces):

FranzSdoutz_1-1723447124049.png

FranzSdoutz_2-1723447156224.png

FranzSdoutz_3-1723447221472.png

FranzSdoutz_4-1723447268295.png

2. A basic properties label just to verify the results.

FranzSdoutz_8-1723448971420.png

But those expressions are NOT available for any lables!? (saved the file, even closed and restarted Arch28) Only "xx sollwert belichtung" works. This is not a new expression, just renamed and altered from the template ... I've tried highjacking other already existing expressions (for spaces) - in vain. They turn unavailable instantly.

FranzSdoutz_5-1723447477771.png

Also my newly created expressions are also NOT available for Graphic Override Rules. (except again for "xx sollwert belichtung" ...)

But in Schedules they work as they should.

FranzSdoutz_6-1723448158113.png

What am I missing here?

Same with Space Label

FranzSdoutz_7-1723448789136.png

I've also checked Arch 27, and it seems to persist. How is this deliberate?

6 REPLIES 6
Bernhard Binder
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner

Graphisoft once explained to me that expressions, for which a 3D model generation is necessary, are not available for labels and Graphic Overrides. The window area in the room can only be calculated through the 3D model.

AC4.5-AC27 AUT, GER, INT
www.a-null.com

@Bernhard Binder Propably, for I got the same information way back when Archicad 24 was released!

In order to stress the issue here: DACH needs to provide dynamic overviews depictig varying degrees of compliance with 3D Parameters. (minVolume, minHeight, WindowArea, DaylightPrism...)  Especially for zone-tool-volumes that are NOT prisms. Hardcoding such criteria is prone to error with all those last minute changes BIM has made us susceptible to.

I have also gotten that explanation - with the reasoning that it may use up too much of system resources and make the user experience bad.

This has been raised multiple times by myself and others but so far no change has been announced.

My view is that the functionality should be available and if there are users with hardware that can't handle it then that should not impact the rest of us.

@Bernhard Binder - as you pointed out - Window/Floor area - this would be a fantastic metric to represent with a simple red/green override on a plan to quickly see which spaces comply and which do not. But for now we are still waiting...

Erik Bjornhage : SwedishChef, ETTELVA Arkitekter, Gothenburg, Sweden
Architect : Digital Development : Graphisoft Cert. BIM-Manager
ETTELVA Arkitekter : Eriks LinkedIn
DELL Precision 5570; i7-12700H; 64 GB; RTX A2000 [8GB] : AC12 - future

@Erik Bjornhage I do not understand the problem: make it an "Updated Placed Drawings" feature only - it doesn't have to be live while modelling, it just has to work.

Or Archicad could just evaluate 3D parameters and save them internally on "regeneration". It does the same with "Updating Zones" for zone-tool-volumes.

Hmmm...
I want the live feedback as we very often use GO as a way of checking model quality as well as checking requirements while modelling.

Therefore we can't just have it dependant on Placed Drawings.

To have it linked to an "update zones" would probably work as we could have a reasonably live process.

Regardless of how it's done - it needs to be done and we need that functionality.

Erik Bjornhage : SwedishChef, ETTELVA Arkitekter, Gothenburg, Sweden
Architect : Digital Development : Graphisoft Cert. BIM-Manager
ETTELVA Arkitekter : Eriks LinkedIn
DELL Precision 5570; i7-12700H; 64 GB; RTX A2000 [8GB] : AC12 - future

Regardless of how it's done - it needs to be done and we need that functionality.

I second that!

AC4.5-AC27 AUT, GER, INT
www.a-null.com

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!