2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Graphisoft Technology Preview Program 2024

Global Library

Magdolna Marosvari
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Dear Technology Preview Community,

We are pleased to let you know that the Archicad Library went through a technology change that has the following benefits:

Content expansion

Until now, each Archicad language version (INT, USA, GER, JPN, etc.) had its own library collection. With the Global Library, all library content will be available in all Archicad language versions.

Cross-border collaboration

Regardless of which Archicad language version is used, the template will define the default language and standards (default sizes, attributes, surfaces, pens) of the library parts you are about to place.

Easier plan migration at future version updates

Until now, each Archicad version (…25, 26, 27) had its own library. To use the new Archicad version, users had to migrate the library objects of their existing projects to the new Archicad library.

The Global Library is compatible with all upcoming Archicad versions. Plus, when new library content is released, users can simply add any new Library Package to an existing project without having to go through a migration."

Faster delivery

The lighter delivery infrastructure allows Graphisoft to deliver library content faster and in greater quantities than before.

It is important to know that THE USAGE OF THE GLOABL LIBRARY IS OPTIONAL.

We recommend you to start using the Global Library when you completed your ongoing projects and you are about to start a new one, because the current Monolith Library and the new Global Library does not work together in the same project. Until then you can still update to Archicad 28 and keep using the current Monolith Library.

Archicad 28 comes with the Global Library by default, if you prefer keep using the current Monolith Library you just have to unload it and load your current Archicad version's library and template.

You can choose at each project start which library type you prefer to use, the Monolith or the Global one. 

Further fine tuning of the Global Library is on the way in upcoming Archicad 28 updates, but we are hoping that many of you will already be able to benefit from it in its current state.

For more detail, please read the release note attached below.

We are looking forward to your much valued feedback.

Thank you,

Magdolna

16 REPLIES 16

But are you using the Tech Preview version?

Forget the Beta version now if you had that.

Starting 28 took me about 12 seconds to the home screen.

Opening the default template was about 9 seconds.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Why would you not want to download the entire library?

Then it is there for when you want it.

You do not have to load all of the library packs in your files.

The default template for each language will be set to load only what is needed for that language.

The other language library packs are optional if you want to load them as well.

If you are setting up your own template, then you get to choose which of the library packs you load.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Grover
Contributor

I quote the following recommendation from your website:https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Project-data-BIM/How-to-Optimize-Your-Project-Performance/ta-p/3...
" Archicad must regularly check back to BIMCloud to validate the current status of each library. This communication considerably adds to the time to open / Join / Receive / Reserve. Best advice her is to keep the number of libraries below 5. Solution: Try to reduce the number of linked / BIMCloud libraries in your project. Less is more here."
the monolithic library weighs over 700 MB, whereas the global libraries are subdivided. Is the recommendation for BIMCLoud performance obsolete as of Archicad 28? What is your current recommendation?

Eric B
Enthusiast

Hi Magdolna

Is there still going to be a tool released to help with the upgrading of favourites? If so is there any indication of when it will be released?

Eric

AC6 till current
PC and Mac
Ahmed_K
Advisor

Hi @Magdolna Marosvari  

it's a step forward to see some windows and doors components from other archicad libraries in the local version, ( FRA ), i tested the libpacks for a current job , and it works without problems, at least for basic usage, 

the question that frequently crosses my mind is : will graphisoft open the " parametric objects creation " for all users or it will exclusively develop objects and release them frequently ?? the question rises for windows and doors especially, and custom graphic symbols ( all types of markers, headres, labels etc...)

if " YES : that's a bad decision , this way we can't customise our objects ( especially doors and windows ) for our specific need , a modular winow / door is a must for us, 

if "NO" : we should then wait for a revolutionary window / door hierarchical object ?? and in the nexet step a reworking of LPM + PARAM-O to make them a standard for parametric objects creation ??  a straight forward solution with clear instructions for any object creation.

thank you ! 

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 10 GB
Archicad 27
Windows 11 professional
https://www.behance.net/Nuance-Architects

Hi @Eric B ,

Yes, a user friendly version of the Favorit Converter Tool can be expected around the commercial release of AC28.

Until then you can use this raw solution if you want:

Favorit Converter Tool: https://graphisoft.sharefile.com/d-sfa77239f114643238ac4d9453f371701

Explanation Video: https://graphisoft.sharefile.com/d-s7f08371048784ff090b5cd6dcbeb3ab2

Best regards,

Magdolna

Thanks Magdolna

I will download this and give it a try

Be nice to make some progress with setting up new templates

Eric

AC6 till current
PC and Mac

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!