Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Graphisoft Technology Preview Program 2024

Keynotes Labeling Improvements

Franz und Sue ZT
Contributor

I just Tryed to place a Keynote in a Plan and Archicad created a Autotext-Label with an Autotext showing the Keynote-ID.
I Assume that in the final version, keynotes will be eather:

• a Tool for Keynotes that will allow to place the keynotes simmilarly to what happens with the Revision-Clouds
  • a specific Label for Keynotes
  • a Set of Autotext values the can be placed in a Autotext-Label or used to create own Labels

In the technology review there is no Solution for the above except for the Autotext for the Keynote-ID.

WHAT I NEED

• Placing any of the Properties of the Keynote as Autotext (ID / Name / Description / Reference)

WORKFLOWS BEHIND THIS REQUEST

• Keynotes would be great for Details. I can create a Keynote with the listing of the Properties of an Element or a group of Elements in a Detail. In this case will be necessary to schow the description and eventually the title of the Keynote
  • Would be also Great to place repetitive texts in the floor plans as a Keynote but sometimes will be necessary to show the ID, another times the Title and another times the description. It's all the time the same Keynote, but we need to show different parts of the information dependig on the plan we have to produce.

SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION NEEDED

• Who has created the Keynote (like in the Revisions)
  • What time was created (like in the Revisions)
  • When changes are made to the keynotes should be possible to integrate this changes automatically in the revision-System and the Keynote should show a Cloud arround itself.
    • Otherwise if I've placed a Keynote 100x Times I would need to go and put 100 times a Revision-Cloud manually over the Keynote ... a very time consuming process.
    • A variation of the Cloud would be to have the possibility to highlight the changes in the keynote in a Color (Red, Blue, ...)
    • This should work for the placed Keynotes and for the legend.

Thank You!

5 REPLIES 5
Juliano Vasconcellos
Participant

Hi franz und Sue ZT! I appreciate your points of view. I think it would be great to highlight the changes in the key note using a color (Red, Blue, ...) just like in Adobe layers. I have always missed this feature in the View Map. It would be amazing if this feature could be incorporated.

Franz und Sue ZT
Contributor

I've another Point that I forgot

It should be possible to use Autotexts in the Keynotes ...

... so that when we place the keynote, specific parts of the keynote get completed with the values of the object linked to the keynote.

Your guess is excellent!

thomaslodge
Booster

@Franz und Sue ZT  completely agree on the keynote revision and glad you brought it up. Even a "find selected keynote" option, like the find detail marker ability, would go halfway to helping with this.

AC user since 2006. Using AC26 currently.
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Hi @Franz und Sue ZT 

You can currently place any Keynote field into a Label or Text block.

When you save a Favourite with a Keynote Title autotext for example, you can use this to place new Keynotes - and it will replace the stored autotext with the Keynote you've selected. Or when you double click into a Label/Text box, you have a new picker to choose which fields from which Keynote you want place.

Thanks for your feedback on an easier way to find / replace Keynotes within the project. We do plan in an update to allow to replace the Label content more easily with another Keynote - via the palette by selecting your Labels, and replacing the content with another selected Keynote.

James.

James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!