2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Graphisoft Technology Preview Program 2024

Opening old AC document

iggiv
Booster

Team Graphisoft,

I have found an old and lost hard disk with several hundred AC files ranging from version 8 and up. I would love to open them just for nostalgic purposes.

I recall asking Graphisoft during the release of versions 25/26 about an automatic script to update files from version 14 or 15, where it was a simple drag-and-drop process to update the files. I was informed that this might be an option in the future.

Could you please let me know if this is now possible or if there are any easy options available?

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
runxel
Legend

There is no "easy one-click" solution, I believe, but something close :D.

Files from Archicad 10 and above can be opened until Archicad 26, Archicad 27 and up can read files from v17 on.

Older files, like from Archicad 8.5, will need the File Converter. Theoretically everthing from 4.1 can be restored by yourself (more or less, there are some software limitations of those file converters).

If you'd have even older files, like truly ancient ones, those can be sent to the support. They'll usually gladly convert them for you into a newer format.

All in all the compatibility of Archicad files is pretty great.

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text | My List of AC shortcomings & bugs | I Will Piledrive You If You Mention AI Again |

«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!