Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

3D view does not work properly

Anonymous
Not applicable
have a model with seven stories. it is somehow corrupted > when i view all in 3D, the 3D view comes in rotated counter-clockwie 90 degrees and see only small part of model; when i click cursor, or type "O" for Orbit and click, or click on "View All" > the 3D image disappears completely. have checked model throughout for duplicates, and for in-line overlapping walls; restart AC10 and computer a few times, saved file as archive. still the same, 3D viewing is impossible. ?? vendor support has not been able to give me fix.
8 REPLIES 8
Djordje
Ace
Sounds like you have something floating in space VERY far away.

Did you try the PLA on another machine? Might be your video card acting up. Reduce the size of the 3D window if in OpenGL mode.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje, i see only a small portion of the model, i am very CLOSE to it, as if standing within a few feet of the front wall, rather than it being a tiny speck. and, it is rotated perfectly 90 degrees counter-clockwise as the top is to the left. a friend suggested placing a heavy marquee around the plan a viewing 3D as he has had same problem and shook it loose that way > tried that and didn't work.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje, also >> viewing the axonmetric (cmnd-F3) works fine; the perspective view (option-F3) is the problem.

i do have hotfix 1010 loaded and still have problem.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Sounds like a video card problem, but are you sure your roll angle is set to 0 degrees? Check it in your 3D Projection Settings.

Cheers,
Link.
Djordje
Ace
OK ...

Your viewpoint is screwed up. Nothing wrong with the model, it is the place that you are viewing it from. Practically, you are lying on your side too close to the building.

Open the 3D window settings (CTRL F3), go to Perspective, look at your camera settings. You will see quite crazy values there.

Alternative: place a camera on the plan. Right click on it, choose View all in 3D.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
See also:

Perspective View Bug

HTH

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
thank you david and djordje, the view point clue and the perspective view bug explanation made everything happy again.

jeff
Anonymous
Not applicable
46cruisair wrote:
have a model with seven stories. it is somehow corrupted > when i view all in 3D, the 3D view comes in rotated counter-clockwie 90 degrees and see only small part of model; when i click cursor, or type "O" for Orbit and click, or click on "View All" > the 3D image disappears completely. have checked model throughout for duplicates, and for in-line overlapping walls; restart AC10 and computer a few times, saved file as archive. still the same, 3D viewing is impossible. ?? vendor support has not been able to give me fix.