BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

AC 15 wont start on first launch and bug reporter comes up

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

I recently bought a new laptop because my old laptop was broken. I wanted to install archicad 15 (educational version) on my new laptop, just like i had on the other one, but it doesnt work.
It's a toshiba, i3, windows 7, 64 bit.

When i try to download the 32-bit version it says it can't run on a 64-bit system. That's weird.. but that's why i downloaded the 64-bit version.
It downloads and installs, and when i try to launch it the normal loading screen pops up, which is good. But after a few seconds it disappears and the bugreporter comes up. It comes up for like 2 seconds and then dissapears too, and i cant click on it to send the bugreport or anything.. and after that nothing happens.

This is what i've tried:
- Uninstalling AC, java and quicktime. Restart the laptop, and download AC15 again from the site. Then restarted the laptop again and run AC.
- Installed java and quicktime from the apple and java site, then downloaded AC15.
- Downloaded everything with firewall en antivirus program off.
- Downloaded hotfix 1 and installed it.
- Downloaded hotfix 2 and installed it.
- i've ran everything as an administrator.

I've searched on the forums and help-pages and i tried everything but just doesn't work and i can't figure out why..

Does anyone know why it doesn't work?? Please reply
7 REPLIES 7
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
On my previous laptop (it was an Acer) there was an Acer utility program preinstalled called eDataSecurity. It has prevented ArchiCAD from writing into its folder so ArchiCAD didn't run.
So my suggestion is to check if any preinstalled Toshiba program might be causing this.
You can try to run Windows in safe mode and see if ArchiCAD starts there. If yes, then some program or service that is not running in safe mode but is running in normal mode is messing up with ArchiCAD.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
I started windows in safe-mode and then archicad worked. So I think youre right, it has something to do with a preinstalled toshiba program. Now I got to figure out what program..
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Daniel123 we are having a similar problem with toshiba notebook, did you find a solution to the problem
Anonymous
Not applicable
having the same problem with AC 16, also on a toshiba. starting it in safe mode, the program works, but any ideas to which program is interfering with AC?
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
My experience was that it is usually one of the programs preinstalled by the manufacturer that interferes with ArchiCAD.
You should go to Control Panel and see what programs come preinstalled with the machine. I would look for something that has to do with data safety or security or which can potentially block ArchiCAD from accessing folder.
I my case with my older laptop Acer eDataSecurity application for some reason did not allow a perfectly standardly installed ArchiCAD from writing into its own folders so the program tried to start then quit.
Anonymous
Not applicable
okay that's what i've been doing - but is there a certain way to see which program is causing the problem? how did you know which program it was? i removed some of the preinstalled programs but no progress.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
It is basically trial and error. I don't know if there are any system tools that maybe let you see what folder have access denied to them by programs.
Maybe you can start from the other end: uninstall all of them (hopefully at that point ArchiCAD will work) adn then install them one by one, each time then starting ArchiCAD to see if it still works. Then after installing a certain program ArchiCAD will not work. Then after uninstalling that last program, ArchiCAD again works. Then you know that program interferes with ArchiCAD.
However, I cannot guarantee that this is the case in your computer. This was the problem in my case about 4 years ago.
Learn and get certified!