Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

AC 27.1.1 GER Hotfix - 3D Freeze on Intel-based Macs not yet fixed

Romans
Expert

Hotfix 27.1.1 GER was released on 21.11.2023.
The infamous 3D-window freeze on Intel-based Macs is not yet fixed.

Rather disappointing.

Apple iMac Pro with macOS Sonoma, AC 5.0 to 27 INT and GER, all the latest
11 REPLIES 11

FYI, I'm running AC27 on my 2019 Intel-based MBP on Sonoma.  Not experiencing 3D freezes, but it occasionally pops up with 'errors in the operation' in switching over to 3D.  Im not sure the cause, but thus far I've attributed the latter to my file (possibly something in my MEP piping as they started around the time I started MEP routing in my AC27 file).

“The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” - Abraham Lincoln

AC27 USA on 16” 2019 MBP (2.4GHz i9 8-Core, 32GB DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8G GDDR5, 500GB SSD, T3s, Trackpad use) running Sonoma OS + extended w/ (2) 32" ASUS ProArt PAU32C (4K) Monitors

I don’t believe this is mep related. I was seeing the 3D lockup’s before I started applying those tools in my latest AC27 project. The best I can determine it has something to do with display settings and element selection when switching between tabs and also keyboard input disrupting the redraw process. There also appear to be variants... some you can close the 3D window to recover, the others wipe out the screen with different colours, typically grey, black, red or green.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)