Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

AC 6.5 / Wibu Key / OSX

rm
Advisor
Ok Mac people,

I have just installed OS X Tiger on a G5. I have a partition on the system for OS 9 Classic, so I can run some legacy programs like AC 6.5. Heres the deal I installed AC 6.5, installed the Wibu driver, and dragged all the files from the AC 8.1 support folder into the AC 6.5 folder. Booted up Classic OS 9 from within OS 10 and launched AC 6.5. It worked like a charm.

NOW, I install AC 8.1 in OS X, after the install I launch AC 8.1 so as to test it to see if it works, and it does.......so far no problem.

Then I quit AC 8.1 and I go back to Classic mode and try to launch AC 6.5. The AC splash screen shows up on screen, then freezes and AC 6.5 will not launch. I assume that the WIBU KEY installed with AC 8.1 is messing with the Wibu Key installed with AC 6.5. Is this the case? If so, does that mean there is no way to run AC 6.5 on a G5 with AC 8.1 or 9.0 on it too.

G5s dont let you boot to OS 9 except in Classic, as you know.

I hope an AC 6.5 file is not considered unusalble already. I was just telling this to a colleague who uses AutoCAD, and he was laughing at how stupid of a problem this is. He told me that AutoCAD files dont have problems with backward compatibility.

Any help would be appreciated. GS dont be shy if your reading this!

Thanks in advance!
Robert Mariani
MARIANI design studio, PLLC
Architecture / Architectural Photography
www.robertmariani.com

Mac OSX 13.1
AC 24 / 25 / 26
2 REPLIES 2
__archiben
Booster
you need to ensure that you are installing the correct WIBU drivers. there is a WIBU kernel that it's possible to install which lets OSX hog the key in its entirety. this makes it impossible to use from OS9!

uninstall the WIBU stuff and reinstall slowly taking care to read just what you are installing. if in doubt choose the 'custom' install method and read about each item in turn before you tick for it to be included in the install . . .

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
Why do you need to use 6.5 at all??? If it is a file saving problem, load the 6.5 library and work in 8 or 9, save back as 6.5.