Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

AC27 Crashes When Uploading Some Files to BIMcloud as a Service

fabioferrini
Enthusiast

Good morning,

AC27 is encountering issues with some files created in AC26 when attempting to upload them to BIMcloud as a service. At the end of the upload process, we receive a network connection error message, and Archicad crashes. Bug report ID (AC27-2023-10-11-07-36-54-2411). This happens both when migrating from AC26 to AC27 via BIMcloud, after preparing the project for migration, and when opening a single AC26 file in Archicad 27 and then attempting to upload it.

If someone at Graphisoft could kindly help us resolve this issue, I can provide a Dropbox link where you can download the problematic file. Thank you very much for your attention.

Fabio Ferrini

16 REPLIES 16

Thanks, I understand. This may be a separate bug, because I don’t believe unloading libraries would affect overlapping fills in a complex profile.

In my case, unloading the libraries temporarily will allow for another user to join the project. I intend to waste otherwise billable time today getting to the bottom of this.

Eric Batte
Principal, MG Architects
MacBook Pro M1 Max, 64GB
AC 6.5-27

Eric,

Appreciate you time spent on this.

Could you share your findings if you can pinpoint the cause of the issue you are facing?

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

@Ebatte unfortunately no. The issue is still present even in 27.1.1. The workaround is still working.

The last two days I did a lot of tests and managed to clean up one of our projects to the point that I have only a single story with ~1500 elements left in it.

I think I managed to rule out a few things (as in Archicad still crashes with them solved):

• Missing custom profiles … from everywhere: I created profiles for all types of elements on all ID-s, so that any sub element using custom profiles has it defined.
  • Stairs: the crash logs show something related to stair generating, however I-m unable to read the crash logs in any other way other than notepad. If anyone knows of a way to read them more comprehensively, please tell me.

At this point I suspect is something related to our labels – we have, in our template, some custom labels we use (configured from MVO). When I delete all of them, the file loads just fine, so…. Maybe? The labels were created in a previous version, based on Property Label 24 – even if they don’t give any gdl error, there might be an incompatibility introduced, as they call some macros from Archicad Library. I need to dig further, as we rely on them a lot in our workflow.

On a related note, I managed to hit a bug in the bug reporter itself. Hint, it just stops working. 😉

Victor Baboi
TESSERACT ARCHITECTURE
AC 16-27 | WIN 11

Here's what I have been able to deduce today, although it is not conclusive:

The crash occurs when the combination of Object Library 27\00 General 27\Custom Labels 27\Elevation Label 27.gsm AND Object Library 27\MACROS 27 are loaded. This was determined by extracting Object Library 27.lcf and then exhaustively loading individual folders until the crash occurs, followed by reducing the contents of those folders and only loading the library parts listed above. The MACROS 27 library is extensive and I don't have any desire to continue the process further to identify which specific macro might be related, BUT loading the MACROS 27 library alone does not cause the crash. It isn't until Elevation Label 27 is loaded along with the MACROS 27 library that the crash occurs.

The crash occurs during the sharing process, after upload, and gets to the refreshing screen message - then CRASH

If the crash occurs while sharing, NO USER (even the user who shared the file) can access the project.

Since the crash doesn't happen with every project, it may also be related to specific library parts being used in the project.

Finally, I hope the dozens of bug reports that were sent by me today ruins some software developer's day. Who at GS do I invoice for my time spent debugging this?

Eric Batte
Principal, MG Architects
MacBook Pro M1 Max, 64GB
AC 6.5-27

Thanks for the info, I will report it to GS HQ.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

AC 27 build 4060 that was just released 2 days ago seems to have resolved the issue. Too bad I wasn't notified about this 2 days ago before I wasted so much time.

Anyway, please test and confirm.

Eric Batte
Principal, MG Architects
MacBook Pro M1 Max, 64GB
AC 6.5-27
Victor Baboi
Booster

I can confirm that build 4060 27.1.2 solved the issue for us also.

Victor Baboi
TESSERACT ARCHITECTURE
AC 16-27 | WIN 11