Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

AC27 MacOS DarkMode-LEGACY-BUG

Romans
Expert

It is still here, after all these years, after beta tests and Technology Previews...

Seems no one cares about (@GS).
Very disappointing...

Hope dies last.
AC28, maybe or never.

AC27_DarkMode-LEGACY-BUG_01.jpg

AC27_DarkMode-LEGACY-BUG_02.jpg

AC27_DarkMode-LEGACY-BUG_03.jpg

AC27_DarkMode-LEGACY-BUG_04.jpg

AC27_DarkMode-LEGACY-BUG_05.jpg

Apple iMac Pro with macOS Sonoma, AC 5.0 to 27 INT and GER, all the latest
6 REPLIES 6
Karl Ottenstein

First, please just drag screenshots into your message rather than attaching them so that people can do a quick-read of your posts 🙂

Whether this is a bug or not sort of depends on whether Graphisoft considers Dark Mode a delivered feature or not.  And they don't.  Much to the disappointment of folks who have posted on other Experimental Features in other threads... Dark Mode is still in the Work Environment's "Experimental Features" panel where it has always been... in spite of it now being 5 years since Apple introduced dark mode to macOS.  One has to wonder when it and the new Distance Guides will move from Experimental to Supported features...

Note the text at the top of the Experimental Features panel:  "Experimental features may change or disappear in a future Archicad release.  Please try, but don't get too attached."

But, if you feel you've found a new Dark Mode issue (and I'm not about to open all 5 of your attachments to look for it) - then contact technical support so that perhaps they will fix it some day.

Screenshot 2023-10-08 at 3.36.07 PM.png

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Romans
Expert

OK....it is like hair-splitting...

The Dark Mode support feature as well as the new Distant Guides feature were announced as features and not as experimental. See attached screen-shots.

But it turned out that they are 'experimental' and therefore (unfortunately) unsupported.

Full support of Dark Mode is now 'Under research' in the public roadmap (dark-mode). There is still hope...

Distance Guides.jpg

torben_wadlinger
Virtuoso

GS should put Archicad under the "Experimental Feature" tab ...

🤣 This saved my day! 😂

DGSketcher
Legend

When you read on the "Released" roadmap that AC27 brings "Compatibility with macOS 14" and it still makes a mess of Dark Mode there is a sense of disappointment, but couple this with bold statements about the new MEP Modeller, which doesn't appear to have even reached alpha testing, and the limited contribution the release has made to improving the day-to-day architectural workflow and you really begin to wonder what kind of software company we are dealing with! Really not sure how much longer I want to put up with the lies & "coming soon" attitude while seeing so little benefit from my subscription.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
torben_wadlinger
Virtuoso

Don't know what you're complaining about? That's what you get when the CEO ist a guy from the marketing division. As long as the market share is growing all is well. Then no one cares if the product is good or not.

Let's look at it as an expirement: how far can the product quality be reduced until the turnover is established? By then, enough customers must have been driven into subscription dependency, because from then on it doesn't matter how bad the product is.

That's a bet Huw has to win. For us, that means: if Huw wins, we lose and nothing gets better. If Huw loses, we lose too, but there is a chance that things will get better in the future.

I am now of the opinion that Budapest is no longer a good choice as a location. Rather, GS should move its software development to Munich. With the TUM there is an excellent university and the brain drain from Hungary cannot be overlooked.