Due to a scheduled maintenance, a maximum 20 minutes license delivery outage may be expected on July 6 2024 (Saturday) between 6PM to 8PM (CEST).
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Adding/Editing material

Anonymous
Not applicable
I’m new to this forum and need help. I tried to read some forums but can’t find anything that would help me.
Is there any way to add or edit material list in AC10, like add more colors, different types/colors of flooring, granite countertops… I’m trying to show my costumer what their kitchen will look like, in color, when finished, but can’t figure out if/how to do it.

Thank you on any help I can get.

Daniel
2 REPLIES 2
Dwight
Newcomer
You have asked a big question - one that is not answered in one paragraph, but with an entire book like "LightWorks in Archicad." You might also review the reference guide, page 28 for material attributes and page 322 for materials. It makes multiple confusion since we have numerous rendering options, each of which needs materials to be specially prepared.

A basic material creation would include:

Start in the Material Dialog by duplicating an existing material.
Adjust the dialog to see the material by the "Internal Engine"
You'll note where a material refers to a texture. You will substitute a new texture image for the texture image already referenced by the material. If the material is a LightWorks material, it could also refer to a shader or both a texture and a shader.
If you want to add your own textures, place those image files in a folder that is loaded with the library. Those images will become accessible through the dialog and will always be available to the material.

You will also see adjustments for color, transparency and reflectance qualities in the material dialog.

If you can get to California the week after next, I am offering a series of one day seminars based in the lessons of my book that will bring you up-to-speed on this and other rendering issues.

Santa Cruz Jan 29
San Francisco Jan 30
Los Angeles Jan 31
Orange Feb 01
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you soo much. That's just what I was looking for.

Daniel