Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

WARNING: Not enough edges in generatrix

Anonymous
Not applicable
Warning: Not enough edges in generatrix. at line ### in the 3D script of file Profiler.gsm

This message comes up every time a section, elevation, or 3D window is opened. Everytime it gives us about 50 Warnings with the same 4 or 5 numbers listed over and over. We think it is due to a corrupt object of some sort. Is there anyway to find where line ### is, or any other solution. Thanks in advance
7 REPLIES 7
TomWaltz
Participant
It's probably from a Profiler object placed some where with an overlap or a shape that too tight to actually create.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
IS THERE ANY EFFICIENT WAY TO FIND THIS OBJECT BESIDES GUESS AND CHECK?
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Evan:

First go to View > Elements in 3D View > Filter Elements in 3D... to turn off all elements except Objects in the 3D window. Then place the heavy marquee on 1/2 of the project. If the message still appears, then marquee 1/2 of that portion, until you isolate the problematic object. You might also use the stories to help isolate the object.

HTH

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Djordje
Virtuoso
EVAN wrote:
IS THERE ANY EFFICIENT WAY TO FIND THIS OBJECT BESIDES GUESS AND CHECK?
Yes.

When the error window comes, note down the object name. Use Find&Select to locate it.

Correct the object.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje wrote:
Yes.

WHen the error window comes, note down the object name. Use Find&Select to locate it.

COrrect the object.
DO I JUST TYPE IN THE LINE # (BECAUSE THAT'S THE ONLY INFORMATION GIVEN)?
TomWaltz
Participant
EVAN wrote:
Djordje wrote:
Yes.

WHen the error window comes, note down the object name. Use Find&Select to locate it.

COrrect the object.
DO I JUST TYPE IN THE LINE # (BECAUSE THAT'S THE ONLY INFORMATION GIVEN)?
Djordje was not really clear: after all the pop-ups are done (that allow you to click "OK", an Error Report window will appear (maybe in the background) that will tell you what object the error came from.

(BTW, you should know that it's considered rude to type in all CAPS)
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, sorry about the caps, I'm really not rude, it's just my caps.