Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

ArchiCAD 9 installation WIBU Key problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
Gidday all

I have got a copy of ArchiCAD 9 from my office to install on my computer at home aka my home work computer...Anyway, I am having trouble installing it...

I was just wondering what I do with the Wibu protection key...when I start up ArchiCAD it says it can only run in demo mode as I am sure you are all aware of.

So how do I install the wibu key to run correctly?

I have student versions of archiCAD 9 and ArchiCAD 8.1 on my cpu as well.

Any help much appreciated!

Cheers,

Andrew
5 REPLIES 5
Djordje
Ace
Just plug it in before you start ArchiCAD. What OS are you on?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Gidday

Ive got the wibu key on a cd...so should I put it on a usb flash stick or something?

My OS is XP Service Pack 2
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Nuggy wrote:
Gidday

Ive got the wibu key on a cd...so should I put it on a usb flash stick or something?

My OS is XP Service Pack 2

Nuggy:

The Wibu key is a small USB device (about the size of a flash drive) that needs to be plugged in for ArchiCAD to run in normal (rather than demo) mode. You need to get this small device from the office that gave you the software in order to run ArchiCAD in normal mode on your computer.

HTH

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
David

Thanks for the info....ill have a chat to work about it...maybe they didnt want to give it to me and that was why they just gave me the key on cd...ill have a chat to them on monday.

Cheers,

Andrew
Dwight
Newcomer
The key can't be given on a CD.
It is hardware, not code.

You need the physical presence of the key in the socket to make ArchiCAD run other than as a demo. Perhaps they just wanted you to practice.

Monday morning script suggestion:

(Nuggy enters office) "You idiots!"
Dwight Atkinson