cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Archicad 12 suddenly runs very slow

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been using archicad 12 for about a year now, without any problems. I work in a rather old computer (windows XP, AMD@1.68GHz, 768 MB RAM, Nvidia GeForce 5200) but it always ran smoothly in renders and 3d mode. Suddenly archicad runs slow in 2d mode, and in 3d view, i cannot even navigate using Basic commands such as orbit, pan, etc. It is very slow even in particulary small plans. The problem occurred when i imported some downloaded objects in the library. I've cleaned up the library to its original form, i even re-installed the program, but nothing seems to be working out for me. I also tried to fix the problem via 3d window settings. Nothing. Please help me, Thank you in advance..
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well, i found a solution to my problem. Whenever i double-click a *.pln file and archicad opens the file, it is running slow. However, when i start a new session of archicad, select open project, and select typical profile, the program is responding perfect. Any ideas of what might be causing the problem?

Sorry if some of the commands are poorly translated, i am working on a greek version..