cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Archicad 14 - 3D freeze

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

I installed archiCAD 14 on my new computer:
Windows 7 x64
core i7
4Gb ram
ATI FirePRO v3800

and I got trouble in the 3D view.

I can move very fast and everything works fine but if I change something like a texture directly in the 3D window and then try to moving again archicad just freeze. After some few seconds the application closes and I got a bug report.

this appears on different projects. I got the latest official drivers and the last update for archiCAD.

Thanks for your help
10 REPLIES 10
Barry Kelly
I just had the same problem with my new machine - ATI FirePro V800 video card.
I removed the drivers and installed a slightly older version (I can't remember the exact version as I am not in front of that machine but it was dated around April or May of this year).
Now it is all working perfectly.

I just looked it up and I think the driver was version 8.723

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tanks for the reply I will try it soon
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello! I have problem with ArchiCAD 14 3D viewing too. Fortunately my ArchiCAD 14 not crashing, but when I'm going to 3D, ArchiCAD freezing on Phase 1 of 9, and again responding after 5-10 minutes. Same file ArchiCAD 15 converting to 3D in 10-15 seconds.

Here is a screenshot:

At this time ArchiCAD also using high CPU (25% of each core).

I'm using Core i5 2500 CPU, 4GB RAM, 1GB GT440 GPU and Windows 7 Ultimate x64. Also using x64 version of ArchiCAD.

Please help.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I also noticed that this freezing generally occurs after any operation with columns (moving, deleting, dimension changing...).

I've opened my file on another computer and problem is also present. Maybe this is ArchiCAD 14 problem?
Anonymous
Not applicable
it's the second time it stalls and I lose 4 hours of meticulous work during the night time... (because the autosave feature fails to work). I am getting sick of this.

Seems to me that Graphisoft has a very bad product. The end-user isn't the problem here. I'm literally aging more because of this program. Wouldn't spend real hard earned money on it's licence for the world.Imagine, they are at the 15th release... and they still have bugs. Don't wanna imagine how the 6th instance or the 1st one was..

Note: I was working in Arc.14 because the 15th instance is really tugging on my PC and works very slowly

[vulgar/obscene text deleted by moderator]

With regards

an unsatisfied so called architect
Barry Kelly
hype23 wrote:
it's the second time it stalls and I lose 4 hours of meticulous work during the night time... (because the autosave feature fails to work). I am getting sick of this.
This is your first post so you have obviously not been asking for any help with your problem.
There should be nothing wrong with autosave if you have it set properly.
What are your settings - saving every 10 steps or every 30 minutes?
Is it actually turned on in your Work Environment?
The autosave will only kick in if Archicad crashes and has not been shut down properly - either by powering off the machine or forcing the program to quit through your operating system.
Give us some more information and we might be able to help.
hype23 wrote:
Wouldn't spend real hard earned money on it's licence for the world.
If you haven't paid for a license then you deserve all the problems you get.
I assume you aren't using the free student license because you call yourself a "so called Architect".
If you are using the pirate software then you will be stuck on the first release of that version.
14 has had some 6 hotfixes that have solved many problems - maybe yours has be solved.
If you are using legitimate software tell us what hotfix you are using.
hype23 wrote:
Note: I was working in Arc.14 because the 15th instance is really tugging on my PC and works very slowly
What are your machine specs?
15 would be slow if you have only a 32 bit system or a 64 bit with minimal RAM.

No need to complain so crudely straight up - ask questions first and see what help you can get.
I'm not quite sure why I replied but thought I would ive you the benefit of the doubt.
Many here won't I am sure.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Nice of you to respond Barry.

Hype23: If you really are looking for help this is a pretty lousy way to introduce yourself. Of course if you're using a pirate copy with no intent to purchase you've probably come to the wrong place anyway.
Anonymous
Not applicable
My autosave feature is turned on. I looked through the settings (at data safety) and I consider the failure to save my project in case of a system blockage a bug. - I have 17 years of experience with computers/software and I tend to know a fault when I see one - but then again, I could be wrong...

I am using the educational version. I have experimented with both Archicad 14 and 15 versions.
Since the project is for my diploma, it is quite big, the difference in performance from v15 to v14 is clear (I am working with layers, I am hiding the ones that I don't need at a certain given moment to make it easier on the CPU and despite this fact, it's still a tedious work to pan the mouse with a one second lag)

My system is a Phenom XII Quadcore processor. 8 gb RAM DDR3, video adapter ATI RADEON 4500 (512mb/256kb video memory)

The text I wrote was carefully thought. It was not based on an impulse. The words, rude as they are, do not stress enough the resentment that I feel for the loss of my time since I got the crashes.

Barry Kelly,thank you for your effort.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hype23,
If your words were carefully selected then it is even worse.
One more word like these and you are banned from the forum.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27