Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Archicad 16, 17, 18 text size of linked designs

Anonymous
Not applicable
I hoped this bug where fixed without writing about it here (I spoke about it with local dialer), but Archicad version go on an the bug is still there (AC18 build 5020).
I try to explain: if I put a design, no matter if it is a PDF or a DWG/DXF in a Worksheet, the font size inside the designs will be sized based on Plan scale. This can be a boring issue, if I work 1:100 in Plan view, but have a linked drawing on a Worksheet with 1:5000 scale. I know I can change scale in both, but sometimes I need to work exactly with the scale I use to print, and changing scale every time is no an option, also because to adjust text size I need to update linked designs, that can take a long time.

Schermata 1.png
5 REPLIES 5
Eduardo Rolon
There are work arounds to this problem. If I remember correctly;

•For DWGs usually the problem is when placing DWGs with the information is in Pspace. To fix this issue you need to change the scale of the drawing so that it is actual size.
1. Place the DWG
2. Explode the DWG
3. Select all the Text and change them from "Paper Size" to "Model Size"
4. Using the Rescale command change the scale of the DWG so that it is at Real Size. If a wall is 6" with then it should measure that.
5. Select all the text again and change them back to Paper

Now you can change the scale all you want and the text should behave correctly.

• For PDFs make sure that the scale of the worksheet matches the scale of the drawing in the PDF before placing the PDF and exploding it. AC should rescale the drawing automatically. If you don't know the scale prior to inserting the PDF then you would do the steps above.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
I won't explode drawings, and in any case, text size seems to be bundled not to worksheet scale, but to 2D Plan scale, and change it's size with every drawing update… so I must go to 2D Plan, set the scale and then update Drawing, every time I need to update it. I know I can do this, but it's a annoying work around… I can agree if text size are linked to the sheet I put the design…
Eduardo Rolon
In these cases I prepare/edit the DWGs in another AC file were I clean up all the cruft and then link to my regular Project.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's only another workaround… but in this case I've a PDF, other times I've DWG's I can't or won't modify in any case.
What I try to explain, the issue is not only that text become crazy, but that they become so based on the 2D Plan scale, even if I put the drawing in a worksheet.
Anonymous
Not applicable
in my opinion it is a bug.
what I do is:

- change the scale of ground floor (in project map) to let's say... 1:500 (the same scale as your worksheet - say master site plan in 1:500)
- import dwg (everything should be fine in terms of the scale of the text in dwg)
- cut the dwg from the ground floor (from project map), and paste to the aforementioned worksheet
- change back the scale of the ground floor to whatever you want (1:100, 1:50)
- leave the scale of your worksheet as set initially (creating view is not always helpful)

everything should work fine (unfortunately sometimes until you restart your archicad). if not, I repeat this operation

if archicad didn't change the scale of the text in dwg, we would all be better off.