Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Archicad 19 SOLO Edition for US. - File Type Question

Anonymous
Not applicable
Considering getting off my per project monthly rental of Archicad 19 and purchasing the new SOLO edition. I didn't do this with the start edition because I have a ton of projects with the Full Archicad .PLN file type and didn't want to lose access to them.

Anyone know if I will be able to open and edit existing AC 19 .PLN files in the SOLO Edition, or does the SOLO edition have its own file type like the START Edition? I see that is says it has file compatibility with the full version on the Graphisoft website, but wanted to be sure that meant that it went both ways.

Note: Im aware of the missing functions in SOLO. I only do residential single-family homes and never used the full functionality of AC anyways.

Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
Karl Ottenstein
I'd check with your reseller for sure... but the table near the bottom of this page seems to say that it can open any PLN, but save as Solo - which full can still open:

http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/technotes/licensing/archicad-license-types/#File_compatibility_betw...

Elsewhere, they now define a PLN file as a Solo project (vs Teamwork).

If there was any publicity about Solo in the US, I sure missed it. I can't even seem to find any information on it on the GS US / etc web site; found it on 2 resellers' sites, but very limited info.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
No issues whatsoever, It is the full version 19, can open start, edu, 19, etc. you get the option to migrate the libraries when first opening legacy plans.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Jared wrote a blog post just about this topic:

http://www.shoegnome.com/2016/03/27/archicad-solo-has-limitations-and-thats-great/

There he writes:
ARCHICAD 19 Solo has many of the same limitations of the old STAR(T): no rendering, no Teamwork, no linking XRefs. But ARCHICAD 19 Solo can exchange files with ARCHICAD 19. And that changes everything. It means an ARCHICAD Solo user is fully connected to the larger ARCHICAD user community. They are not ring fenced by file type. They can use any template they want. They can get example files from friends. They can exchange their files with the gurus, trainers, and teachers and ask for help.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27