Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Archicad 24 Wont Open

Craggspace
Participant

Hi There, 

I have been using archicad 24 for two years successfully on a Mac run on Mac Mini (M1, 2020) macOS Monterey version 12.3. I was working on a project which froze, followed by it being forced quit. From this point on, no project is able to be opened successfully,  forcing me to force quit each time. I have since tried shutting down the computer, restarting it, uninstalling archicad 24 then reinstalling it. Still no change after this. I then downloaded archicad updates thinking this may help from the graphisoft website, only to realise they are only compatible with an 'intel-based' platform and therefore couldn't save them. There is no option for an M1 processor type download on the website and there is no direct 'product help' for archicad 24 that I can see either. 

I am hoping to not update archicad 24 so am in need of a solution to use it as is on my mac mini computer. 

If someone could please help me understand the next steps, or why it has crashed, please let me know!

I appreciate it, 

Matt

Operating system used: Mac Apple Silicon Mac0S Monterey

1 REPLY 1
Barry Kelly

So, if you can re-install the intel based 24 (that is all that is available), why could you not install the intel based update as well?

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Setup info provided by author