Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.
SOLVED!

Archicad crashes on macOS 12.3 when closing a tab with the Tab Bar

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

UPDATED: the fix for this issue is part of Archicad 25 Update 5010 and a special hotfix Archicad 24 Update 7009, which was released for Archicad 24 and Archicad 24 Solo.

Dear All,

We have been notified about a new issue with Archicad on the latest update (12.3) for macOS Monterey.

Issue: Archicad crashes if users close a tab using the X icon, or hover the mouse over this icon. The issue happens on Archicad 24 and Archicad 25 (please refer to it as DEF-8186).

For those who have already installed macOS 12.3 update, here are some workarounds to avoid the crash:

1. Hide the Tab Bar by opening Windows menu > Hide Tab Bar, then navigate using the Navigator or Organizer.
  2. Without hiding the Tab Bar, we can cycle between the tabs using Ctrl + Tab hotkey (or via the Windows menu). To close the current tab, use Cmd + W hotkey. To close all other tabs, open the Windows menu and select Close All Other Tabs and Windows.

The fix for this issue is part of Archicad 24 Update 7009 and Archicad 25 Update 5010.

If you have any questions, please let me know!

Thank you for your understanding!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

42 REPLIES 42

I have this problem with AC22. Every time I close the program down, it crashes and notifies me of a bug. Any chance this is updated and I need to do something on my system to correct it?

As far as I remember, that's a known bug in AC22 and isn't going to be fixed.

AC 6.5-26; macOS Ventura; 2019 MacBook Pro 2.4gHz, i9

No 22 will not be receiving any more updates - only 25 & 26 at the moment.

@Studio , make sure you have the latest build for 22 installed - it should be build 7000.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11