Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.
SOLVED!

Archicad crashes on macOS 12.3 when closing a tab with the Tab Bar

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

UPDATED: the fix for this issue is part of Archicad 25 Update 5010 and a special hotfix Archicad 24 Update 7009, which was released for Archicad 24 and Archicad 24 Solo.

Dear All,

We have been notified about a new issue with Archicad on the latest update (12.3) for macOS Monterey.

Issue: Archicad crashes if users close a tab using the X icon, or hover the mouse over this icon. The issue happens on Archicad 24 and Archicad 25 (please refer to it as DEF-8186).

For those who have already installed macOS 12.3 update, here are some workarounds to avoid the crash:

1. Hide the Tab Bar by opening Windows menu > Hide Tab Bar, then navigate using the Navigator or Organizer.
  2. Without hiding the Tab Bar, we can cycle between the tabs using Ctrl + Tab hotkey (or via the Windows menu). To close the current tab, use Cmd + W hotkey. To close all other tabs, open the Windows menu and select Close All Other Tabs and Windows.

The fix for this issue is part of Archicad 24 Update 7009 and Archicad 25 Update 5010.

If you have any questions, please let me know!

Thank you for your understanding!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

42 REPLIES 42
DGSketcher
Legend

I wonder if there will be a patch for this or if GS think we can all wait until the next AC25 update which is several months away apparently...

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

I'm sure it's actively betatested right now!

odv.hu | actively using: AC25-27 INT | Rhino6-8 | macOS @ apple silicon / win10 x64

Lol.

"Hotfix? What Hotfix?"

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
blgp
Booster

Is the hot fix just around the corner or do we have to wait until summer?

Eduardo Rolon

I have a new one with 12.3 and it is that AC25 crashes the whole system if it is left running overnight. Let me know what to do with the crashlogs.

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Dear All,

After further investigation, we decided that a hotfix for Archicad is needed in order to fix this crash. Our developers are working on it at the moment and we will prepare an official announcement very soon.

Thank you very much for your reports and comments here, and once again I am very sorry for the trouble that this bug is causing!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Hi Eduardo,

Thank you for the report and I am very sorry to hear that!

As far as I know, we haven't got any similar report about such behavior.

In this case, it is best to contact the local support immediately with the logs you collected already for the investigation as soon as possible.

Thank you very much!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Solution
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Dear All,

The fix for this issue is part of Archicad 24 Update 7009 and Archicad 25 Update 5010.

For more information, please follow this announcement here.

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Greetings! Estimate on time for hotfix for 24?

[AC24-27 USA - Mac Studio 2022 - Apple M1 Max - 64 GB - macOS Ventura 13.6]

Mac Too?