cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Bugs remaining after ArchiCAD 15 hotfix-2

Dennis Lee
Booster
Thanks for the hotfix, but it looks like there is no fix for couple of nagging problems I've been having recently.

1. Random complex profile showing up from different projects for complex profile walls.

2. AC15 not starting at all - I think it's related to JAVA and / or Adobe Reader updates, but not sure. If I uninstall either one or both of them, it would start again.
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9
14 REPLIES 14
Karl Ottenstein
Hi Dennis,

I split your comment from the announcement, to leave the announcement 'clean' (we forgot to 'lock' it to prevent replies - done now)...

Issue 1 is what is discussed here I think:
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=200140#200140
and here:
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=200141#200141
as something that will be in Hotfix 3 - release date unknown.

Important for all of us to report all issues we find as soon as we find them so that the developers have them on their list to schedule for future hotfixes / releases.

I know you're not one of them - but many users seem to think that mentioning a problem here is the proper route. GS might notice it but there is no guarantee - although it sure helps the rest of us to know what problems others are encountering (misery loves company as well as any workarounds suggested). Just a reminder to others: all bugs should be reported through the technical support channel for each country.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 28 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Dennis Lee
Booster
Karl, yes I noticed that the post got moved right after I posted it. I appreciate your omni-presence on the forum!

Truth of the matter is, I do know that the proper channel to report bugs is through the technical support, but somehow I am so used to coming here first to see if there are others experiencing the same problem or not, do some searching, and then just end up not going to the technical support at all - maybe because I would get distracted by other things at work, or maybe just assuming that it already should have been reported if I find others with the same problem.

I wonder if it would be better to have all the bug reports to be on this or some other forum? At least you would know if the bug has been reported or not, so you won't waste time to report it again, and Tech support wouldn't waste their time telling each person that the bug has been reported and is being worked on.

Anyhow, the first problem is a random occurrence, and lately haven't run into them too much. However, the second issue has been a recurring problem for the past few weeks, and I think I've gotten it narrowed down to the JAVA / Adobe Reader updates. I will try to email Tech Support tomorrow.

Thanks again for your efforts here on the forum!
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9
Karl Ottenstein
Thanks, Dennis.
Dennis wrote:
I wonder if it would be better to have all the bug reports to be on this or some other forum? At least you would know if the bug has been reported or not, so you won't waste time to report it again, and Tech support wouldn't waste their time telling each person that the bug has been reported and is being worked on.
Sure would be nice, and has been requested a few times over the years - but I don't think we'll see this happen for competitive and other proprietary reasons.

The Wiki had displayed a list of the most well-known bugs through AC 14, but I don't see a page there for 15 (yet). Might just not be seeing it. Here's the 14 page:
http://www.archicadwiki.com/ArchiCAD14/Bugs

Reporting a bug through support takes a little extra time - clear description and screenshot(s) and sometimes providing a PLN if requested - time that most folks don't have. But, it's the only way to get it into the system...

http://www.graphisoft.com/support/archicad/

Cheers,
Karl
AC 28 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for bringing this to my attention again about bug reporting.
I've only reported when a bug report has popped on my screen, not thinking to go and find a place (in what seems like a far off place) to report something I think is a bug. Simplify the whole process.
How about having a nice BIG red url link right at the top of the forum index saying something like, best place to report bug, or some variation thereof?

lec
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I don't think such a single link can be provided because users should either use Bug Report (when it comes up after a crash) to report bugs, which will send it directly to GS, otherwise they need to report bugs to they local resellers who will handle it and if needed forward it to GS. This is the normal channel of dealing with reports.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Karl Ottenstein
True, that everyone must report to their reseller, but I think it is a great idea to have a link here for Bug Report / Technical Assistance - which simply goes to the same page as on the GS main web site, listing the links per-country.

It would make it easier for the so-many people who just shrug and get on with their work - with the bug never getting reported.

Ideally, the proper link for the user's country would come up immediately, but since many people here use IP address cloaking and report the wrong country for their home country in their profile, I'm not sure how that could be done...

As you say, Bug Reporter only appears in the event of certain crashes. Most bugs are non-crash event (although crashes should and do get priority). A link here would just be good customer service. 😉

Cheers,
Karl
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry to jump slightly off conversation here but another bug that hasn't been addressed in 15 is the "release all on close" work environment setting in teamwork.

Currently w/ "Release all elements on close" selected in work environment, AC15 will not actually release said elements unless I literally click File>Close. Selecting File>exit or clicking the exit button don't trigger the release all cycle.

A better way for this to function would be for all elements to be released regardless of the method of how that instance of AC15 was exited.

This is a dumb problem to have as natural instincts for most are going to be to simply click X.
Karl Ottenstein
flamingjawa wrote:
Sorry to jump slightly off conversation here but another bug that hasn't been addressed in 15 is the "release all on close" work environment setting in teamwork.

Currently w/ "Release all elements on close" selected in work environment, AC15 will not actually release said elements unless I literally click File>Close. Selecting File>exit or clicking the exit button don't trigger the release all cycle.

A better way for this to function would be for all elements to be released regardless of the method of how that instance of AC15 was exited.

This is a dumb problem to have as natural instincts for most are going to be to simply click X.
Good one - and you'd think an easy one to fix. Reported through channels?

Makes you wonder if there was intention, rather than oversight, behind this if there is anything else that happens - TW or solo - during a File > Close which doesn't happen during a File > Exit / Quit...
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Karl wrote:
True, that everyone must report to their reseller, but I think it is a great idea to have a link here for Bug Report / Technical Assistance - which simply goes to the same page as on the GS main web site, listing the links per-country.

It would make it easier for the so-many people who just shrug and get on with their work - with the bug never getting reported.

Ideally, the proper link for the user's country would come up immediately, but since many people here use IP address cloaking and report the wrong country for their home country in their profile, I'm not sure how that could be done...

As you say, Bug Reporter only appears in the event of certain crashes. Most bugs are non-crash event (although crashes should and do get priority). A link here would just be good customer service. 😉

Cheers,
Karl
OK, I will forward this as a suggestion to Graphisoft.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27