Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Computer to fail, Please help.

Anonymous
Not applicable
My computer spec: P4 3.2 , ram 2 G , ATI FireGL 128 mb V3200PCI Ex, Harddisk Sata 200 G Raid 0

It can't render my condominium. And show Warning Box
" Disk is full or not enough memory to create 3D data structure.(error code:52)

Please advise.
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Suranart wrote:
My computer spec: P4 3.2 , ram 2 G , ATI FireGL 128 mb V3200PCI Ex, Harddisk Sata 200 G Raid 0

It can't render my condominium. And show Warning Box
" Disk is full or not enough memory to create 3D data structure.(error code:52)

Based on the description of your computer it certainly doesn't seem like you should be having this kind of problem; unless the hard disk is partitioned and the temporary and cache folders are on a partition that has very little free space.

If your hard disk is partitioned, go to Options/Work Environment/User Preference Schemes/Special Folders to find out where the Temporary and Cache folders are located and check to make sure there is free space available.

Woody
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have recently been getting the same message on my G4 Mac, running OSX 10.3.9.....Odd thing is I have plenty of room on both my internal and external hard drives...I tried changing the locations of the cache and temporary folders as suggested by Woody but error message re-appeared. It seems that if you quit ArchiCAD and relaunch it runs OK for a while...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hmmnn...I just read the error report for the file I am working on, as follows:
Beginning generation of Section/Elevation:
Start time : Thu, May 19, 2005 3:14:30 PM
Disk is full (error code 258), can't extend 3D temporary files.
Not enough memory (or disk space) to read AC3D.
Internal error (in BINARY statement)
at line 30 of file VW Phaeton.gsm.
User break
at line 30 of file VW Phaeton.gsm.
Library part was not converted properly (O33)

I deleted the VW Phaeton library part and my elevation window worked OK.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I just posted this under a related heading in Architalk. My "disk is full" message problem sounds similar:

I'm having "issues" with my new G5.

Wonder if anyone else shares my newfound concerns with Apple for releasing 10.4 too early.

This G5 worked great for two weeks. Fast renderings etc. with 5GB RAM, though not as snap/snap as I'd thought it might be as compared to my old G4. I love the 256MB video RAM compared to just 64MB on two monitors before.

Anyway, seems the entire Hard Drive filled up in the first two weeks, ...all 250GB of it. Since I've not been reborn a speed demon, I was pretty sure something bad was happening. Then the poor machine got too full even to boot.

I've clean-reinstalled just the Tiger, no Apps yet. But may go back to Panther as my Apps were doing just fine with it. (I'm using our trusty G4 for this note.)

We'd been using the G4 as an office server linking a Dell PC to my G5 through it, and setting the G4 to backup to an Iomega external drive every four hours using the Iomega software. It feels as if the backup might have gone into the G5 instead though, somehow, at the rate of 40GB every day.

Ideas anyone? Common problem with Tiger, 10.4.1 perhaps?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

Two of the more common issues with Mac OSX-

The first of which is covered in the following link:

http://67.15.54.127/showthread.php?t=37936&highlight=disk+full

The second is caused by error messages being written to the log files 100s of times per second! Old software mouse drivers (non Apple), tablet drivers and other hardware "extra" drivers are usually the problem.

Check for updates and reviews on www.versiontracker.com OSX section.

Hope this helps.

Nick