Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Drawing a line a certain length - Bug?

archislave
Enthusiast
I have reoccurring problem drawing lines to a specific length. I click a starting point - get it started - and type the distance. It works one time on a newly opened file. From then on it puts the end of the line down where my cursor is and ignores the numerical input.

If I reopen the file it will work once. I have 1010 on a iMac G5 10.4.
Very annoying
Archislave

archicad 26.0 US, M2 Macbook Air
12 REPLIES 12
TomWaltz
Participant
Turn this off:
Picture 4.png
Tom Waltz
archislave
Enthusiast
Thanks, Tom, but it was already unchecked. Like I say it will work only one when the file is open. Maybe something with a plist in OSX ... I have no idea. My reseller did not know.
Archislave

TomWaltz
Participant
I don't know. It works fine for me.
Tom Waltz
archislave
Enthusiast
Even typing x or y and distance does not work.
Archislave

TomWaltz
Participant
Are you using Tracker?
Tom Waltz
archislave
Enthusiast
Oh! That seemed to do it. Archicad is so bewildering in it's interface options that I just start using it as it comes up when I create a new file. I guess I have never stopped to understand how to use the tracker or guidlines and they just appear or not.

I appreciate the help figuring out this mystery!
Archislave

Chazz
Enthusiast
archislave wrote:
I guess I have never stopped to understand how to use the tracker or guidlines and they just appear or not.
Tracker is always turned off when I launch a new AC session and must be turned on manually (steady Dwight) each time I use the software. I consider this a bug. Anyone else notice this?
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current
Anonymous
Not applicable
Did you ever find out why tracker is always off when you start up?
I have it set to be on as part of my Work Environment profiles, but it not only doesn't come on at start up, but it seems like it gets turned off during the course of working. I've looked for some "accidental" keyboard shortcut that's turning it off, w/o success so far.

I set up all my work environment/ user profile info on my laptop at home, and it works fine there, I'm wondering if when I exported/ imported it something got scrambled?

If you found a solution, or if others have one, I'd love to hear it.
Thanks,
Chazz
Enthusiast
catalano wrote:
Did you ever find out why tracker is always off when you start up?
Nope. I just wrote a shortcut to get to the place to turn it on and do that each time I open up a new session. It's a little silly.
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current