Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Installing 10 Kills 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
We have one machine in the office that has a problem. We installed AC10, then tried to open an AC9 Teamwork project in AC9 (not AC10). The project starts to load, but before you can even sign in, AC9 completely shuts down. We uninstalled AC10 and the project in AC9 opened up just fine. We reinstalled AC10 and the same problem came back.

Any thoughts?
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've been running 9 & 10 simultaneously on WinXP and Mac without problems (except that the WIBU driver won't let the Mactel version run at the same time as AC9 in Rosetta). I happen to be booted in Windows right now so I just launched AC9 (AC10 was already open) with no problem.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've been running 9 & 10 simultaneously on WinXP and Mac without problems (except that the WIBU driver won't let the Mactel version run at the same time as AC9 in Rosetta). I happen to be booted in Windows right now so I just launched AC9 (AC10 was already open) with no problem.
__archiben
Booster
so you said.
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
~/archiben wrote:
so you said.
Hey! Don't blame me. It was double or nothing this afternoon. When I went to see my message it wasn't there. When I reposted there were two. When I deleted the second they both disappeared. Maybe that's just what I get for booting XP on my Mac (Could it be a weird IE bug?)
Anonymous
Not applicable
AC10 runs fine on every other machine we have -- it's just this one that isn't working.

We ended up loading 10, then reloading 9. This seemed to work, but I'm not sure if 10 is working because we've been desperately trying to beat a deadline for a project in 9. I'll keep you updated if I find anything out.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Jay,

Have you compared video driver versions between computers? I know it does not sound related, but I have seen out of date video driver cause ArchiCAD to crash for no apparent reason.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Skaman40 wrote:
Jay,

Have you compared video driver versions between computers? I know it does not sound related, but I have seen out of date video driver cause ArchiCAD to crash for no apparent reason.
Same here. The two biggest culprits in machine specific problems seem to be wonky video and bad RAM.