Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Losing my perspective...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Has anyone else experienced issues with their perspectives? Please see attachment for clarification. This only happens in specific areas of the view. It is starting to happen more frequently as of late. Does a possible solution exist or is this something I have to learn to live with? This doesn't happen in the Rendering engines, just in Open GL.
Thanks,
Chris

Intel Mac Pro 2 x 2.66
x1900xt Radeon video card with 512MB
13GB Sys RAM
apple cinema display
8 REPLIES 8
Dwight
Newcomer
Your image seems supremely wide angle.

Perhaps you could use the Navigator Preview Window slider to restore your viewing angle - most usually 60 degrees.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey Dwight,
I just scrolled back to get more in the view. It has this "artifact" in the view no matter the viewing angle. I can get you a few more pics if you think that would help.
Thanks,
Chris

UPDATE:

I think I may have figured the problem out.
I ran this on another identical computer and had no issues at all. Can you believe I think i have another bad video card?? UNREAL! This will be the third card this computer has had in it.
Dwight
Newcomer
Artifact?
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't really know how else to describe it. I have lines and walls that will shoot off into the great unknown with no end in sight. I have had this problem with roofs before because of a misplaced node, but never with slabs and walls until now. This seems to be all cleared up on the other machine though. I guess it is possible that I have another bad video card. I have run the hardware test on it and it passed, but so did the last one...

Dwight, have you noticed a shorter life on video cards due to high numbers or renderings or 3D work? This card is less than six months old! I will be running this to the Apple store for a replacement I guess.
Dwight
Newcomer
I only notice that video cards fail when used to stir batter.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
That would do it! Maybe my newborn has been chewing on it?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Chris, before you discard your graphics card, have you tried simply closing the 3d perspective window and launching it again afresh.

I notice if you change the proportions or size of the window it doesn't actually update the perspective/field of view until you close and launch it again.

Worth trying before replacing bits of hardware!
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have unfortunately tried that and everything else I can think of. I put a call into Apple about the problem and they did the troubleshooting steps. It seems as this card may have been giving signs of going bad before. I have had some screen images stick and lines generate that weren't supposed to be there. They seem to think that the logic board on this machine is having trouble. This may be why I have had trouble with three video cards now. I will be taking this machine in and having it tested at the local apple store. At this point it looks like Apple may be covering the bill. Let's hope!
Thanks for the suggestion,
Chris