Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

MSA OBJECT MODIFICATION / STAIR TOOL NOT VERY USER FRIENDLY

Not applicable
GOOD EVENING FOLKS. NICE TO SEE SO MANY PEOPLE STILL ONLINE. GLAD TO KNOW THERE IS A WHOLE WORLD OF CRAZY PEOPLE WHO LOVE WORK SO MUCH THEY CANT GO HOME. I HAVE TWO QUICK QUESTIONS.

1. MSA OBJECTS: I AM TRYING TO APPLY A CROWN MOLDING AROUND MY FASCIA BOARDS. I CAN CREATE AND APPLY THESE USING THE PROFILER TOOL. HOWEVER, HOW DO I EDIT THEM. EX. I RAN A STRAIGHT CROWN ALL THE WAY ACROSS THE REAR OF THE HOUSE, BUT I HAVE 3 DORMERS THAT CUT UP THROUGH THE ROOF LINE. CAN I TRIM,CLIP,BREAK,ETC... WITHOUT HAVING TO EXPLODE THE OBJECT OR DO I HAVE TO DRAW EACH SEGMENT INDIVIDUALLY LIKE I'VE DONE SO FAR.
2. SPLIT LANDING STAIRS???? NOT THE U SHAPE.. I NEED AN L SHAPE STAIR WITH A 45 DEGREE SPLIT LANDING AND THE STAIR TOOL TO MY KNOWLEDGE DOES NOT HAVE ONE AND I AM NOT SKILLED ENOUGH YET TO MANIPULATE THE TOOL TO DO SO. DO I HAVE TO CUSTOM MAKE THIS STAIRCASE.
I KNOW THESE ARE PRETTY REMEDIAL QUESTIONS BUT I AM TRYING TO FIND THE ANSWERS IN THE GUIDES AND SOME ARE NOT THERE OR MY IDIOT LIGHT JUST HASN'T COME ON YET. THANK YOU THOUGH I APPRECIATE YOUR HELP.

P.S. HOW DO I GET MY USER NAME TO SAY MEMBER AND NOT GUEST?
6 REPLIES 6
Djordje
Virtuoso
dfisher73 wrote:
GOOD EVENING FOLKS. NICE TO SEE SO MANY PEOPLE STILL ONLINE. GLAD TO KNOW THERE IS A WHOLE WORLD OF CRAZY PEOPLE WHO LOVE WORK SO MUCH THEY CANT GO HOME. I HAVE TWO QUICK QUESTIONS.
Good morning

First, please sqitch the Caps Lock off. In email etiquette, all caps mean you are shouting. We are all far away, but ... this is a quiet place, with an occasional HONK and BLONK and BOING ... 😉
dfisher73 wrote:
1. MSA OBJECTS: I AM TRYING TO APPLY A CROWN MOLDING AROUND MY FASCIA BOARDS. I CAN CREATE AND APPLY THESE USING THE PROFILER TOOL. HOWEVER, HOW DO I EDIT THEM.
Not easily; for the time being, try ArchiForma by Cigraph.
dfisher73 wrote:
2. SPLIT LANDING STAIRS???? NOT THE U SHAPE.. I NEED AN L SHAPE STAIR WITH A 45 DEGREE SPLIT LANDING AND THE STAIR TOOL TO MY KNOWLEDGE DOES NOT HAVE ONE AND I AM NOT SKILLED ENOUGH YET TO MANIPULATE THE TOOL TO DO SO.
No it does not do that ... again, email Cigraph to send you your free ArchiStairs. Look in the Announcements forum.
dfisher73 wrote:
P.S. HOW DO I GET MY USER NAME TO SAY MEMBER AND NOT GUEST?
After a suitable number of posts your status will change

Enjoy the Forum,
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Not applicable
Thank you for your help and i apologize for yelling...ooops.
Karl Ottenstein
Djordje wrote:
No it does not do that ... again, email Cigraph to send you your free ArchiStairs. Look in the Announcements forum.
Actually, because you are in the U.S., go to objectsonline.com and order the ArchiStairs CD for the $6 shipping/handling fee... Cigraph will just refer you there. There has been an update on the archistairs.com web site that you should download and install after you receive, install and register your CD.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
David Maudlin
Rockstar
There has been an update on the archistairs.com web site
Karl:
ArchiStair is singular. I found the page at www.archistair.com/Updater.htm . Thanks for the information.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Karl Ottenstein
David wrote:
www.archistair.com/Updater.htm
Sorry. Thanks for correcting.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Not applicable
Thank you all for your asssistance. Each of you are a valuable asset to me. Just for nods, all of us new users should invest in the project builder book from archicad. I purchased it and it is a huge help in understanding how all of the facets of this program work together. It will definitely bring a little sanity to the Chaos known as ArchiCad. you can order from your local distributors. Thanks again and have a wonderful day