cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Mac OS X Mavericks

Tamas Eros
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Apple released Mac OS X Mavericks (10.9) yesterday as a free upgrade. Please find our compatibility notes, upgrade checklist and other useful information in this ArchiCAD Wiki article: http://archicadwiki.com/OsxMavericks
Tamas Eros
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT
Follow us on Twitter
GRAPHISOFT HelpCenter - the ArchiCAD knowledge base
65 REPLIES 65
Rick Thompson
Expert
JaredBanks wrote:
I don't know all the details, but here's another issue I learned about from one of my users in Minnesota:

"We installed it (OS X 10.9) on a couple of machines and found that in general, it works. One item we observe is that when switching apps (while AC is running), we sometimes see mouse and keyboard freeze for about 20 seconds. The computer seems to be working through this, but input is not possible. This does not lead to crashes or any problems, it is just an annoying item. App nap is disabled for AC, so that is likely not the driver for the issue. "
I have been having mouse connection issues and found this on Apple forum ... so far so good, but haven't been testing that long (and quitting for now, so I'll pass it on somewhat untested). Also, my issue has nothing to do with AC.. just random disconnecting.

I deleted /Library/Preferences/com.apple.Bluetooth.plist as well as /Library/Preferences/com.apple.Bluetooth.plist.lockfile, rebooted and everything was working again.

Several days latter now and this seems to have been a fix for me.
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display
Anonymous
Not applicable
I made the mistake of installing Mavericks (OSX 10.9) on my Macbook Pro before I verified that my version of Archicad 11 (I know, it's old) would work. I didn't use Archicad on this laptop, so I didn't think it mattered, but I just started a new job two days ago and now I need to run Archicad on this laptop (and can't afford to upgrade Archicad at this point in time). Any suggestions? Is there a way to go back to an earlier version of OSX? Does anyone know WHY Archicad versions 10-12 (as stated here:http://archicadwiki.com/OsxMavericks) don't work on OSX 10.9? Is there a fix that has worked for anyone still on these older versions (Archicad 10-12)? I really need a solution!

Thank you.
Marton Kiss
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Brockway wrote:
I made the mistake of installing Mavericks (OSX 10.9) on my Macbook Pro before I verified that my version of Archicad 11 (I know, it's old) would work. I didn't use Archicad on this laptop, so I didn't think it mattered, but I just started a new job two days ago and now I need to run Archicad on this laptop (and can't afford to upgrade Archicad at this point in time). Any suggestions? Is there a way to go back to an earlier version of OSX? Does anyone know WHY Archicad versions 10-12 (as stated here:http://archicadwiki.com/OsxMavericks) don't work on OSX 10.9? Is there a fix that has worked for anyone still on these older versions (Archicad 10-12)? I really need a solution!

Thank you.
Brockway,

we checked with the engineering and unfortunately there is a technical limitation that blocks version 10-11 to be run on OS X. Unfortunately we don't have any workarounds to offer.

ArchiCAD 12 and above - and here I correct myself - should work generally.

To go back to 10.8 there are a few alternatives:
- if you have a backup like Time Machine, then you can return to 10.8 relatively easily
- if you don't have such backup then you would need to re-install 10.8. Either installing it fresh on a new partition or completely reinstalling your system on your main partition. In both cases make sure you have backed up all of your data.

Marton
Marton Kiss
VP, Product Success
GRAPHISOFT
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Brockway wrote:
Is there a way to go back to an earlier version of OSX?.
Apple changed the licensing from OS 10.8 to allow it to be run in a VM. You could try installing/restoring your previous OS under Parallels (for example) so 10.8 and 10.9 can co-exist.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Software Engineer Speckle Systems
cgrimley
Contributor
JaredBanks wrote:
I don't know all the details, but here's another issue I learned about from one of my users in Minnesota:

"We installed it (OS X 10.9) on a couple of machines and found that in general, it works. One item we observe is that when switching apps (while AC is running), we sometimes see mouse and keyboard freeze for about 20 seconds. The computer seems to be working through this, but input is not possible. This does not lead to crashes or any problems, it is just an annoying item. App nap is disabled for AC, so that is likely not the driver for the issue. "

Anyone else noticing this?
Yes, I noticed this right off the bat. It has to do with Logitech Control Center. You will need to uninstall it and reinstall it. Check out post #10. http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1604905
Casey Grimley
AC24
iMac Pro (2017) - macOS 10.14.6- 3.2GHz Intel Xeon W - 32GB RAM - Radeon Pro Vega 56 8GB
Rick Thompson
Expert
cgrimley wrote:
JaredBanks wrote:
we sometimes see mouse and keyboard freeze for about 20 seconds.
Yes, I noticed this right off the bat. It has to do with Logitech Control Center. You will need to uninstall it and reinstall it. Check out post #10. http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1604905
I posted above (which you might have missed), but deleting the mouse preferences worked for me fine.. no issues since that.
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display
cgrimley
Contributor
Rick, I missed it. Sorry for the double post. However, when I deleted the preference file I still had issues. I had to uninstall LCC 3.5 and install LCC 3.8 probably because 3.5 was for Snow Leopard.
Casey Grimley
AC24
iMac Pro (2017) - macOS 10.14.6- 3.2GHz Intel Xeon W - 32GB RAM - Radeon Pro Vega 56 8GB
cgrimley
Contributor
Since I installed Mavericks (I'm the office guinea pig) I cannot paste anything that I copy. When I try to paste, it briefly flashes the marquee but then disappears. I also get the Report with the following message:
'Missing SETMIGRATIONGUID call
at line 1 in the Master script of file Cylinder 10.gsm.'

Any ideas?
Casey Grimley
AC24
cgrimley
Contributor
I just figured out my problem. (Pats himself on the back)
I must have accidentally created a new Migration parameter in the object 'Cylinder 10' (we use it for a custom object, don't ask me why) and that was causing copy/paste to not work, even though the stuff I was copy/pasting didn't include that object. Weird, but it works ok now.
Casey Grimley
AC24
Anonymous
Not applicable
Jared,
Most of my users (on Mavericks & Mountain Lion) are noticing the same delay when switching back to archicad 17 from other applications. Sometimes this occurs while in archicad itself.

Other weirdness:

1. Sometime the cursor in archicad will spontaneously display the magic wand, even though the magic wand was not invoked.

2. Sometimes when selecting an element, there will be a delay before the element is highlighted and instead of just highlighting the element it begins to drag.

We have app nap disabled, updated code meter drivers, no old wibu drivers installed. Also, when working remotely over vpn these behaviors are more pronounced. Therefore, I tend to believe that they are network related.