BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Mac Quad Core

Anonymous
Not applicable
I know that Windows ArchiCAD isn't optimized for 64 bit computing, nor is it set up to use a dual processor, but does the same apply to Tiger? Would the quad core processing be a waste of time?
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
What's the price tag on one of those rigs gonna be?

Ouch......Just the name sounds pricey.

ok...I saw it on the Apple site : $ 3,299.00
TomWaltz
Participant
Any word on this?

I suddenly find myself needing a new machine, and would REALLY like one if the performance improvement in Archicad (and Lightworks) is there.
Tom Waltz
Eduardo Rolon
average benchmarks peg it @ 75% faster than the dual 2.5 that I bought 10 months ago and only $300 more
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

TomWaltz
Participant
I saw the benchmarks, I'm looking for someone who actually has used it with Archicad.

Photohop and Unreal Tournament are exciting, but ultimatelty not directly relavant. What I really want to know is whether Lightworks can use all 4 processors or if it is limited to two.
Tom Waltz
I know that Windows ArchiCAD isn't optimized for 64 bit computing
AC9 Build 2172 will recognize more than 2 GB of Ram (i.e. 4Gb) on Windows boxes running the 64-Bit version of Windows. It requires a 64-bit version of the WIBU driver. The Amyuni Print driver won't run on 64-bit systems - so there's a catch.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
TomWaltz
Participant
From Graphisoft:
LightWorks will use all 4 processors. However, do not expect rendering
times to be divided by 4 compared to a single processor. Photo rendering
has 3 stages: creating 3D model, converting model to LightWorks format,
then rendering. Only the 3rd stage is multithreaded.
Tom Waltz
Djordje
Ace
Aaron wrote:
I know that Windows ArchiCAD isn't optimized for 64 bit computing
AC9 Build 2172 will recognize more than 2 GB of Ram (i.e. 4Gb) on Windows boxes running the 64-Bit version of Windows. It requires a 64-bit version of the WIBU driver. The Amyuni Print driver won't run on 64-bit systems - so there's a catch.
So GS should get rid of Amyuni and find someone else, right? Maybe even Adobe ... or should not Microsoft do that at last, as Apple did, so that PDF - the de facto electronic paper standard - is included in the OS?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Learn and get certified!