Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.
SOLVED!

MacOS place of .plist

runxel
Legend

While Windows has the registry, MacOS uses those weird .plists. You can edit them to get some "hidden" behavior of Archicad.

There is an old knowledgebase article, but the information in there is not up to date.

So, long story short: WHERE has the .plist gone?

In other news: The arc resolution of shells in AC 27 is still shite and still can not be adjusted. Sigh.

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text | My List of AC shortcomings & bugs | I Will Piledrive You If You Mention AI Again |

«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Hi Luc,

I found mine for AC27 ARM here:

~/Library/Preferences/com.graphisoft.AC-ARM\ 27.0.0\ INT\ RC1.plist

Bernd Schwarzenbacher - Archicad Add-On Developer - Get Add-Ons & Archicad Tips on my Website: Archi-XT.com

View solution in original post

Solution

Hey @BerndSchwarzenbacher, thanks, I now realized why I couldn't find it.

Sorry @MinhNguyen: The info there IS NOT true!

The correct location is the one Bernd posted: "~/Library/Preferences/" – note the tilde in front! (= user directory).

It is not in the similar sounding system location "/Library/Preferences/" which also exists.

It is true that editing a .plist file is a hassle on its own. However I found this neat VSCode extension that works very well. It will present the .plist in XML format where you can do seemless editing.

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text | My List of AC shortcomings & bugs | I Will Piledrive You If You Mention AI Again |

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
MinhNguyen
Advocate

Other than trying to find its location, I assume what you want is to actually edit the PLIST?

There's a guide for that (and I realize you linked the same article as well): https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Installation-update/Altering-ARCHICAD-behavior-Registry-or-Prefe...

and it was updated quite recently, so the information is valid

P/s: I can try to find them tonight, however if my memory serves me right, without a Plist editor it's quite difficult to edit it anyway

BIM Manager
DKO Architecture - HCMC

Solution

Hi Luc,

I found mine for AC27 ARM here:

~/Library/Preferences/com.graphisoft.AC-ARM\ 27.0.0\ INT\ RC1.plist

Bernd Schwarzenbacher - Archicad Add-On Developer - Get Add-Ons & Archicad Tips on my Website: Archi-XT.com
Solution

Hey @BerndSchwarzenbacher, thanks, I now realized why I couldn't find it.

Sorry @MinhNguyen: The info there IS NOT true!

The correct location is the one Bernd posted: "~/Library/Preferences/" – note the tilde in front! (= user directory).

It is not in the similar sounding system location "/Library/Preferences/" which also exists.

It is true that editing a .plist file is a hassle on its own. However I found this neat VSCode extension that works very well. It will present the .plist in XML format where you can do seemless editing.

hmm, you're absolutely right. I'm pretty sure the original version got that ~ character, as later down the article the full link was mentioned, which is <current user>/Library/Preferences

BIM Manager
DKO Architecture - HCMC