Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Memory Full! problems due to opengl with dual head radeon

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

I get a warning dialog appear when running ArchiCAD 9 if I have 'optimize drawing for high performance display card' set saying 'Memory Full!'

This is with a 256MB raedon 9550 graphics card in a pentium 4 with 1GB of RAM running windows XP service pack 2. I have two monitors connected to this card although only run archicad on one.

I tried getting the latest API drivers and the latest ArchiCAD hotfix but get the same problem.

Can anyone explain why this is happening?

When I set windows to not use one of the displays it works but I do not see any increase in performance from this option. Just wondering if I should or what is considered a 'high performance display card'?

Thanks,
Adam
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
i would try installing another GB of RAM.
Anonymous
Not applicable
i google'd your card. it looks like it may not be up to the task. have you tried checking out the video card compatibility section? i used a ATI 9600, but became frustrated with it. Then I moved up to the NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT. It too, became a little stodgy with time. Now I use a ASUS 7800 GTX.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
adambutler wrote:
Hello,

I get a warning dialog appear when running ArchiCAD 9 if I have 'optimize drawing for high performance display card' set saying 'Memory Full!'

This is with a 256MB raedon 9550 graphics card in a pentium 4 with 1GB of RAM running windows XP service pack 2. I have two monitors connected to this card although only run archicad on one.

I tried getting the latest API drivers and the latest ArchiCAD hotfix but get the same problem.

Can anyone explain why this is happening?

When I set windows to not use one of the displays it works but I do not see any increase in performance from this option. Just wondering if I should or what is considered a 'high performance display card'?

Thanks,
Adam
Do you actually get a visible performance advantage from using this option? It is related to 2D only.
If not, you might as well turn it off.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
I think this may be due to the fact that I was using 16 color figure's (bmp's) with archicad 9 as I've had similiar problems without opengl mode enabled and since changing to high color images opengl seems fine.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Interesting.
Good thing to know.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27