Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Misaligned Mouse to pointer

Anonymous
Not applicable
The mouse pointer and the CAD pointer are no longer aligned, and the difference grows from perfect on the left to 1" on the right depending on zoom and scale. The window is not filling the space by the maximum distance the mouse and point are off.

I have abandoned my HP Pavilion dv7. This started weeks ago, and I figured I'd find the answer somewhere, but not yet.

It started when I thought I'd try out a pen tablet. I wasn't sure what needed to be done so I jumped in. I thought I'd try it with AC11 which is my latest edition. I quickly gave up the tablet, but noticed days later everything I had done, even after I went back to the trackball (Logitech M570) was off by different amounts, all of them small until I zoomed in.

After finishing up on the desktop, I went back to see if I could fix the HP.
Here's what I have done so far.
Uninstalled the table.
Reinstalled AC11.
Reinstalled Logitech.
Upgraded all drivers and related hardware on the HP

Nothing has corrected the problem.
Somewhere I found the tablet interface, and set it to allow tablets. I have abandoned the tablet!

Please help me get this little giant problem resolved. It is impossible to work with AC when the mouse is pointing to the left of where I need to click.

I have plenty of documentation, and I can seem to attached any of them.

The problem did not transfer with the cad file, bu the offsets remained.
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
I posted the Screen Snaps on my website, if this is allowed;

www eyesoar com/AC_Problem Just add the dots.
Anonymous
Not applicable
OK, gentlemen, since no one has offered a suggestion, I thought I'd do a few things to the HP Laptop, like clean it up and a few other basic maintence things. With a 1TB HD, there can be 100,000 little things cluttering the file manager.
Poof! Gone! I offloaded them to storage where they should be anyway.
So this evening I thought I'd see if the offset between the mouse pointer and the spot where it clicks had improved. Guess what!

It's gone. End of difficulty.
rocorona
Booster
I can't find the image you are referring to.
My guess --maybe too easy-- is that you have inadvertently turned on the SNAP to the invisible grid.
Check your Display > Grid Snap Options menu items.

--Roberto Corona--
www.archiradar.com
AC18 - ITA full on Win10
I have the same problem here in archicad 14. When I select a wall and try to place the cursor over the end nodes of it, it doesn't change to tick mark sign(which shows that end node is selected) instead after clicking at that node it deselect the wall. It's very frustrating as I have reinstalled AC several times..... And bye the way it was working very smooth for past one month but suddenly out of nowhere this bug happened.. Any suggestions or solutions then pls let me know. Thanks in advance
Anonymous
Not applicable
Guyz I found the solution of the problem.... Yay.... So what I did is uninstalled archicad, java and QuickTime player from my laptop and installed them again. But this time I installed java and QuickTime player given with archicad tools... And BINGO... when I opened my archicad, it was working like butter once again.

So the problem was that, before I updated java and QuickTime player but since archicad was not compatible with the updated version and that's why it wasn't working perfectly. So I downgraded and installed them using the files given with archicad.

It took me a long time to sort it out but as we know "all is well that's end well"

I hope this small information will help others who may face this small and silly bugs.