cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Network license

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am new to ArchiCAD. We have an hardware license installed on the network. Other systems on the network are working fine. ArchiCAD is not recognising the hardware license when I run it on my system though my system is on the same network and workgroup. I am able to access the system that has the hardware key.

Any ideas on what should be done?
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there,
I am new to ArchiCAD. We have an hardware license installed on the network. Other systems on the network are working fine. ArchiCAD is not recognising the hardware license ...

Any ideas on what should be done?

could it be that you installed the AC net license program WHILE having the AC key attached to the computer?

If so, remove key and uninstall program.
Reinstall software again, restart and THEN plug in the AC key ...
Anonymous
Not applicable
The key was attached after the software was installed. AC is working fine on all the other systems. It is only on my system that I am able to work on it some days. On some days AC runs in demo mode because it cannot detect the key.
Djordje
Ace
keshav wrote:
The key was attached after the software was installed. AC is working fine on all the other systems. It is only on my system that I am able to work on it some days. On some days AC runs in demo mode because it cannot detect the key.
Maybe all the licenses are taken?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
We have license for 20 users and our team is only 10 as of now.
Ben Odonnell
Contributor
In the network tab of the WIBU key applet, you will find it in your control panel, type in the ip address of the server machine and take add.

Apply the setting and then try to start up ArchiCAD again.

HTH.
Cheers.
Ben
Ben O'Donnell
Architect and CTO at BIMobject®
Get your BIM objects from bimobject.com