Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

New install can't find library, plotmaker drawings

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just installed version 8.1 on new computer (Dell precision workstation) and every time I open a drawing, I have to delete the library and reload it, it won't load on opening the drawing. Also- when I open a plotmaker layout, the layout says that the files have been deleted and I have to re-link each drawing again. It has the right path listed, but needs to be manually re-linked. This only happens, however, for drawings that were placed by other pople from different computers. If I place one, close, and go back in- the ones I place are fine. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
Chadwick
Newcomer
Bwitty wrote:
Also- when I open a plotmaker layout, the layout says that the files have been deleted and I have to re-link each drawing again. It has the right path listed, but needs to be manually re-linked. This only happens, however, for drawings that were placed by other pople from different computers. If I place one, close, and go back in- the ones I place are fine. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

I've noticed this problem when the paths are not exactly the same. Sometimes we run into this when someone is working with a 'draft' of a teamworked file and places drawings into plotmaker - it references the draft on the local drive instead of the .plp on the network drive. I don't know if this is the case for you but that is usually the problem when that similar situation happens to us.
RA 2012 x64, Piranesi 6 Pro, Sketchup 8, Windows 7 Pro x64, Intel Core i7, 10GB RAM, ATI Radeon Mobile 5870
Anonymous
Not applicable
It is probably networking problem. Name of the file is the same but network path might be different. OR
If you are getting files from someone else the file structure on this other computer might be different.