Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

OpenGL Error problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have installed ArchiCAD 10 and cannot get a new project started. Right after the program loads and I select "New", I have the following error: An error occurred in the following addon: OpenGL

Regardless of what I do next, I continue to get this error, and I have to quit the program to exit the loop. What can I do to alievate this problem? Any help would be most appreciated. Thank you.
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have the same problem with ArchiCAD 10 on ATI RADEON 9600 Video Card, I have resolved the problem halfway, i installed the drivers which came with the PC when i bought it, they are old versions but the program is running normally, but still if there are many 3d objects the program ceashes nicely, the whole windows is down, and i need to restart. The other thing i read in forums is to upgrade my mainboard but it is too risky. If someone has any suggestions thanks in advance.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am having the same problem. "An error occured in the following Plugin: Open GL". Updated video driver and still doesn't work. Heres what I have:

ATI Mobility Radeon X1400
Dell Inspiron 9400
T2400 @ 1.83GHz
1.83 GHz, 2.00 GB of RAM
XP Professional

How come previous versions of ArchiCAD work with this setup but ArchiCAD 10 doesn't? Am I gonna have to replace my video card?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Anonymous
Not applicable
PROBLEM FIXED!
If you are running a program called WindowsBlinds on you computer then you can't work with ArchiCAD. This program changes the look of your windows to a customizable look and somehow interferes with GDL in ArchiCAD. Uninstall WindowsBlinds or any other program that does the same thing and ArchiCAD should work for you. The video card I have listed at the bottom here works just fine with ArchiCAD.
clinard wrote:
I am having the same problem. "An error occured in the following Plugin: Open GL". Updated video driver and still doesn't work. Heres what I have:

ATI Mobility Radeon X1400
Dell Inspiron 9400
T2400 @ 1.83GHz
1.83 GHz, 2.00 GB of RAM
XP Professional
Anonymous
Not applicable
the same problem

I buy a new mobile pc to work in my university projects, but when i installed the Archicad 10 student version in the 3d window show me a opengl addon problem. I upgrade the graphic card driver and i still have the same problem.Someone can help me? What can i do?

I have a Mobile Intel® 965 Express Chipset Family, working in a Windows Vista Home Premium in 32bits
Anonymous
Not applicable
Same problem was by me. I just unloaded WindowBlind, and AC worked.
If You have this windows addon, unload it or uninstall. Maybe it will help you too.
Thanks clinard!
clinard wrote:
PROBLEM FIXED!
If you are running a program called WindowsBlinds on you computer then you can't work with ArchiCAD. This program changes the look of your windows to a customizable look and somehow interferes with GDL in ArchiCAD. Uninstall WindowsBlinds or any other program that does the same thing and ArchiCAD should work for you. The video card I have listed at the bottom here works just fine with ArchiCAD.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi...I just search the Windows blinds program but can´t find it...where should I search..
Thank you
Anonymous
Not applicable
seems that if you dont need the 'opengl 3d engine' you can switch to i'internal 3d engine'. in archicad 11 its done by switching it on from View/3D View Mode/Internal 3D Engine.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I had the same problem on archicad 11 and 12, I have a mobile intel 965 express chipset graphics card. I resolved the problem by uninstalling the driver, and installing the latest driver version from intel website. It might work for you too, good luck
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have the same problem `error occurred in the following Plugin: OpenGL`when i want to see my project in 3d (archicad 11),
and i cant solve it.I havent WindowBlind or i cant find it.My graphic card is Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100 (hp compaq 6720s notebook,windows vista os) I updated all drivers but still doesnt work..
can u help me please,i cant work without 3d..
Achille Pavlidis
Enthusiast
Hi, I have never encountered this problem until today. I have a file that works fine as a solo project. I shared it with teamwork, and now when I try to do a 3D view I get the error message: "An error occurred in the following addon: OpenGL"

Mac OSX 13.6.6 | AC 27 INT 5003 FULL