Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Plotmaker 2172 Won't open

Anonymous
Not applicable
I installed the 2172 build and now plotmaker maker will not open, something about a shared library error, anyone else having this problem, any advice, I've attached a jpg of the error message
I'm glad I did not delete the last version,
thanks

Picture 1.jpg
3 REPLIES 3
TomWaltz
Participant
Scott wrote:
I installed the 2172 build and now plotmaker maker will not open, something about a shared library error, anyone else having this problem, any advice, I've attached a jpg of the error message
thanks
I've seen this a lot.

It seems like when you install an Archicad Hot Fix, you are best to completely reinstall from CD, then apply the service pack to the fresh CD install. I've done it so many times now I keep a DMG of the fresh installation to make life easier.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
I did a fresh install off the original, maybe something got mucked up along the way, I'll give it another shot
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Scott wrote:
thanks

Scott:

I had a similar problem with an update to ArchiCAD, I think I had this come up because I had renamed the application, so the support files were getting updated but not the application. I believe a fresh installation, so the file names are correct, could be the solution.

HTH

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14