Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Problem with ISS files from before 8.1 V2

TomWaltz
Participant
Is there any reason .ISS files created before the latest Archicad V2 service pack would fail to work with the new V2 service pack?

When we start the Interactive Schedule -> Preview... or -> Settings, it works as long as only new (since the service pack) .ISS files are present. If any files from before the service pack are present, Archicad crashes.

Since we have probably 2 dozen ISS files, I'd rather not rebuild them all. Is there some known problem/fix for this?
Tom Waltz
2 REPLIES 2
Karl Ottenstein
TomWaltz wrote:
Is there any reason .ISS files created before the latest Archicad V2 service pack would fail to work with the new V2 service pack?

When we start the Interactive Schedule -> Preview... or -> Settings, it works as long as only new (since the service pack) .ISS files are present. If any files from before the service pack are present, Archicad crashes.

Since we have probably 2 dozen ISS files, I'd rather not rebuild them all. Is there some known problem/fix for this?
Hi Tom,

I haven't seen this behavior ... and you did use the Import feature to bring the old *.iss files in? Hmmm.

One workaround is hidden in the notes from my talk at ACUWest that you have (page 8 / slide 44). Open a file that uses the schedule that you want. Select the schedule and edit the settings via IS ... and click the Duplicate button. This will create a new *.iss file with all of the same settings as the placed schedule. Ideally, this lets you recover an *.iss file that you accidentally destroyed. In your case, it should let you recover the settings that AC doesn't seem to want to read? All 20 of them?

Let us know if that works...

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
TomWaltz
Participant
One workaround is hidden in the notes from my talk at ACUWest that you have (page 8 / slide 44). Open a file that uses the schedule that you want. Select the schedule and edit the settings via IS ... and click the Duplicate button. This will create a new *.iss file with all of the same settings as the placed schedule. Ideally, this lets you recover an *.iss file that you accidentally destroyed. In your case, it should let you recover the settings that AC doesn't seem to want to read? All 20 of them?
Funny, that's exactly how I ended up working around the problem. I just didn't get a chance to post my results.

I tried to Import Settings, and to Set Location, both caused crashes. To test further, I copied a single ISS file into the Default location in the Add-ons/Standard/ directory. Sure enough, just one file was all it took.

So, I opened and old file, duplicated a schedule that existed, and it worked fine. Most of our standard iss files are based on 6 originals, with slight variations, so I should be able to re-create them pretty easily.
Tom Waltz