Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.
SOLVED!

Stairs not showing on the Layout. Going mental.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have this drawing and a saved view of it but when I place it on the layout the stair misterously disapears. The renovation, pen set and layers are all the same. Did someone already had this problem. Here it goes some images of the screen. Please heeeelp.
29 REPLIES 29
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Glad I could help

Have a great day!
Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Thanks Minh, that did the trick. Weird that it wouldn't work without going through the exercise of adjusting the Show on Renovation Filter setting.
Thanks,
Mark Benner

MacPro
AC 23
Leon_K
Contributor

Hi,

I am facing a similar problem. My stairs are not showing properly on any floor plan. Either on a layout, saved view, or project view. It shows perfectly fine in 3D and section views, just not on plan views. I checked every possible view/layer/override settings but nothing makes the stair visible. It only shows a couple of nods indicating there is a missing library element, but my library settings seem fine. The only parts missing there are the MEP elements such as pipelines, but no stair elements.

Furthermore, I tried the renovation filter workaround but... Archicad consistently crashes (bug report) when I try to alter any renovation filter status of the said stairs.

I am desperate for a fix because I now can't finish my work on time. 

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

Leon K

Archicad 25

Macbook Pro 2018

2,2 Ghz 6-Core Intel Core i7

16GB 2400MHz DDR4

Radeon Pro 555x 4 GB

macOS Monetery Version 12.2.1

What happens if you create a new stair?

If the same, try a new stair using a favourite - this will reset all the default settings.

For some reason it looks like the 2D display of the treads and grid is not valid.

Hard to say what it is without seeing the actual object settings - probably to many to try to post screen shots.

Maybe select the stair and save selection as a module (MOD) file.

Then you can zip the file and attach it to a reply.

Then we can open it and maybe spot what the problem is.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Hi Barry,

Thank you for your quick response. I tried placing a stair using a favorite, and this does show on the floor plan. However, when I try to alter the settings to match my design, Archicad crashes again.

Also, in the stair settings dialog there appears to be a bug. I embedded an image showing the CUT SURFACES tab floating on top of the other component settings meaning I can't adjust half of the settings.

I also embedded the zipped module file of the corrupt stairs.

Thanks for your assistance.

Sincerely,

Leon

Well that didn't work as I thought it might.

Stair was fine for me, so I can't tell what is wrong at your end.

Except make sure that only the Archicad 25 library is loaded and not other versions as well.

When you look at the tread settings, what tread is being used for you?

BarryKelly_0-1646308932031.png

As for the doubling up of the settings dialogue, are your video drivers up to date?

Does stretching the dialogue or closing some of the other sections in the dialogue help?

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

Tread 25 just as yours is showing. I can't even stretch the maximum going depth of the treads without Archicad crashing. Absolutely horrendous.

Video drivers etcetera all up to date. Updatet everything yesterday and my fear is dat not every component of the software is as compatible with the newest version of macOS as it should. Stretching/closing/opening other sections has no effect.

Leon

This is strange and I am not sure what is going on.

Maybe you could contact your local Archicad support and allow them access to your machine so they can have a look?

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

Thank you for your time Barry. I will try to consult them.

Sincerely,

Leon

Same issue on every one of my projects. (Arch 25 running on OS Monterey). This fixed it on one of the projects. Have not tired the others yet, but assume it will work. Thanks!

PowerSquare Design
Denver, Colorado
Learn and get certified!