Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Text input really slow!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Wondered if any one can help? I use 8.1 at work and have recently purchased a student version of 9 (I am a part-time architectural technology student). Everything seems to be fine with it except when I key in text - it takes forever for the characters to appear!!

Any ideas?
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
What are the specs of your computer?
Anonymous
Not applicable
AMD Athlon 64 3500+, 1024MB, 256MB GeForce NVIDIA 6000 i think?? , 200GB RAM - its only about 6 months old. I'm currently at work so dont have exact spec
Anonymous
Not applicable
Check first the task manager. You can check there CPU condition.
And than check your update-version.
AC9 works normaly very fine with hardware better than with AC 8.1
Anonymous
Not applicable
I Have checked my version and it is up to date, I have also checked that my cpu isnt over working - seems to be fine.

Any ideas? Its really getting to me.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I noticed the same thing when I upgraded to 9 on my Mac Titanium laptop, but wrote it off to the age of the laptop combined with what I assume is a more memory- and processor-intensive version of Archicad. My laptop is a 2002 550mhz titanium with 512mb ram, so its pretty old. Also, have yhou checked if your hard drive is almost full? This slows down performance.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
AMD Athlon 64 3500+, 1024MB, 256MB GeForce NVIDIA 6000 i think?? , 200GB RAM - its only about 6 months old.
200Gb RAM!!

Even Matthew should be happy with that!

What font are you using?

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
mattjc wrote:
AMD Athlon 64 3500+, 1024MB, 256MB GeForce NVIDIA 6000 i think?? , 200GB RAM - its only about 6 months old. I'm currently at work so dont have exact spec
Seems adequate for text entry, even for MS Word.

It is a strange problem. It happens only with ArchiCAD?

The only thing I can imagine that would specifically slow down text entry would be some weird spyware that is sending all your architectural notes to a some hacker site in Uzbekistan.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Link wrote:
AMD Athlon 64 3500+, 1024MB, 256MB GeForce NVIDIA 6000 i think?? , 200GB RAM - its only about 6 months old.
200Gb RAM!!

Even Matthew should be happy with that!
Heck, I wish I had that much hard drive in my modest little machine.