BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Upgrade site does not recognise (correct) WIBU driver

PB
Advocate
I'm trying to upgrade my WIBU dongle to AC15. Unfortunately the GS upgrade site stubbornly insists on telling me that I need to upgrade the WIBU driver - which i have done numerous times now...but the site does not recognise this.

I have followed the instructions given on ArchiCADWiki, the GS website, and the WIBU site, all with restarts etc. but to no avail.

My perception is that it is a Java problem - at which stage it is too 'techie' for me. Can anyone advise please?
AC27 Apple Silicon. Twinmotion.
16" M1 Max MacBook Pro 32GB, Apple Studio Display, MacOS14
14 REPLIES 14
PB
Advocate
Seems to be my lucky day: Just as I was about to embark upon a crusade to molest someone else's PC, Apple posted a Safari update which has solved the problem !

AC15 here I come.....
AC27 Apple Silicon. Twinmotion.
16" M1 Max MacBook Pro 32GB, Apple Studio Display, MacOS14
Karl Ottenstein
PB wrote:
Seems to be my lucky day: Just as I was about to embark upon a crusade to molest someone else's PC, Apple posted a Safari update which has solved the problem !
Interesting. Thanks for reporting back. Since many of us updated fine with Safari 5.05 and earlier, there must have been something in your Safari settings/preferences that got cleaned up with the installation of Safari 5.1 more than anything in 5.1 itself.

[As an aside to other Mac users: if you use 1Password to manage your passwords, you might want to NOT update to Safari 5.1 as 1Password will not fill in your passwords at all in 5.1 yet. Very limited functionality. If you upgrade and find a need to downgrade, just restore Safari 5.05 from Time Machine.]

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Stress Co_
Advisor
I had the same issue today and thought I'd share the solution from Graphisoft Support.

The problem had to do with Java not being preinstalled on two iMacs, recently upgraded to Lion.

Safari was the web browser we were using.

The advice was thus:

"To resolve this, it is one of those issues where you need to do the correct dance steps and perform the following procedures in precise order. Please follow each step precisely, even if you already have Java applied to your system.

First, skip to step 6 below and try the last few steps. If that does not resolve it then return to step 1 perform all the steps.

1. Remove the Wibu Key from the USB port

2. Uninstall the Wibu driver using the Uninstaller in the Install download.

3. Go to this link and download and install the Java update for OSX Lion: http://support.apple.com/kb/dl1421

4. Restart your computer.

5. Install the Wibu Key driver and then insert the Wibu Key into the USB port.

6. Visit https://upgrade.graphisoft.com

7. If you still see the message that you need to download the latest driver, close the message and refresh the webpage.

8. If the message still returns, use a different browser (Firefox, Chrome etc.)"

It worked for us using chrome.
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Gorazd
Booster
I had the same problem. I found out, that Safari had Java applets turned off in Settings. After I allowed Java in Safari it went OK.
------

Gorazd Rajh

AC 25, Ryzen 9 5900HS, 48 GB RAM, RTX 3080, Win 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
It looks pretty much like this problem:
http://www.archicadwiki.com/RemoteKeyUpgrade#A.22The_Keyplug_Driver_Must_be_updated.22

On OSX Lion the Java plugin is inactive by default. Click on the Inactive Plug-in label to enable the Java plug-in, then restart the browser as prompted.
Learn and get certified!