cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Walls suddenly not recognized - trying to insert windows

Anonymous
Not applicable
Using V9, been working on a solo project for about 20 hours, when starting to try and insert windows, the heavy mercedes cursor will only appear on a few walls. The walls can be selected, and ArchiCAD thinks they are walls, but when the window tool is selected, the cursor doesn't change from the + when anywhere near them. Is my file corrupted? I've tried re-opening the project file and re-opening ArchiCAD. I'm DITW... Tane
6 REPLIES 6
TomWaltz
Participant
Is your snap grid turned on? That would stop the cursor from being able to "reach" the wall.
Tom Waltz
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Doesn't sound too good mate - regardless of what tool, ArchiCAD's intelligent cursor should change from a crosshair to a mercedes no matter what tool you are in. Does this happen while you are in other tools (the Door tool for example)?

Either way, you may try saving the problem walls as a module and uploading so we can check it out.

DITW - Hope you have an inner tube and a cooler handy.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tom,

I think you got it.

Tane,

Is there a little black dot flicking around near the cursor?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Argh!! It was the @$! Gridsnap. Thanks so much everyone. <sheepishly> Glad I posted to the newbie group Tane
TomWaltz
Participant
Tane

I see that problem all the time. Don't feel bad.

More often than not, someone bumped the "S" key, which toggles the snap settings.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
I know what you mean Tom.
It still catches me off guard every so often.
Usually when I'm sleep deprived and under deadline.